KEITHURBANFANS.COM

Return To KeithUrbanFans.com Home Page

KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board » KEITH URBAN DISCUSSIONS » KEITH URBAN PHOTO BOOTH » Ebay issues (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ebay issues
awesomeurban
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for awesomeurban     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed that on the "supposed autograph calendar photo's" that there is one of my pics also. I wish there was something that could be done about people "stealing" and saying stuff is autographed when it isn't.

--------------------
Keith is my mid-life crisis and I'm loving every minute of it!

Believe in yourself....

TX 4/03, TX 8/03, Vegas 12/03, N'ville 3/04, OK 6/04 (1st M&G), NV 8/04, TX 9/04 (lunch w/Keith), TX 10/04, N'ville 12/04 (H2), OKC & N'ville 3/05 (3X), N'ville 6/05 FCP, ND, WI, WI, MN 9/05 (4X-1 BSE),Tulsa, TX, TX 2/06 (2X), Vegas ACM Ride 5/06; Atlanta (2X)

Posts: 2458 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Aussie-Nel
Urban Fanatic
Member # 11454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aussie-Nel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mate having checked ebay for Keith stuff - people will sell anything, magazine articles etc. It absolutely amazes me

But saying that to sell something that isnt theirs is rude to say the least - I am sorry this has happened to you - keep your chin up

Monkeyhugs from down under

--------------------
Cheers
Nel

'Everybody needs somebody sometime'

'I'd be lost but for the Grace Of God'

'Think I got it right this time'

Posts: 577 | From: Sydney Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
kutexfan
Just Registered
Member # 17884

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kutexfan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just have to chime in on this and i know no one knows me because i belong but don't post so i'm going to be the bad guy but that's ok. it says i just signed up but i had login problems and amy had to fix it. i find my photos on ebay occasionally and it doesn't bother me at all! i mean if i put them out there in the "public" so to speak, then i kind of said it's ok. i guess that's the way i think about it. i just wrote a guy the other day that was selling one of my photos and told him good luck. he didn't "claim" it as his, he was just selling it but if i'm not selling it why would i care if he did? it's not like we are competing or he is taking money that belongs to me. either way keith is getting out there to more fans. i don't think that anyone that sells them is trying to be ugly to someone or purposely steal their photos. they just sell what people buy. just my opinion. i know it doesn't agree with the rest of you but i had to play devils advocate i guess. i take great photos and they are out there for the world to enjoy. so if you sell mine, you will just get a good luck letter...just my thoughts...
Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2008  | Report this post to a Moderator
awesomeurban
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for awesomeurban     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did get a response back from the person selling the calendar photo's and this is there response...

"Hello, I do appreciate your concerns, however you must be mistaken, the photos of Keith in concert are from a calendar that I won from a radio station last year, and in reality it is the copy of his autograph that is being offered, in so much as the photo are accessable to all. I mean no ofense but I really do believe that there are many of Keith's fans that would enjoy haveing a photo of their favorite performer of movie star. I started collecting in order to decorate a theme room in my home, and found that there were others that would enjoy doing the same thing, as a result I started offering copies. Again I thank you for your communication and I hope that I have helped in at least explaining that I mean no disrespect to you or any other of the fans. Please take good care and stay safe."

--------------------
Keith is my mid-life crisis and I'm loving every minute of it!

Believe in yourself....

TX 4/03, TX 8/03, Vegas 12/03, N'ville 3/04, OK 6/04 (1st M&G), NV 8/04, TX 9/04 (lunch w/Keith), TX 10/04, N'ville 12/04 (H2), OKC & N'ville 3/05 (3X), N'ville 6/05 FCP, ND, WI, WI, MN 9/05 (4X-1 BSE),Tulsa, TX, TX 2/06 (2X), Vegas ACM Ride 5/06; Atlanta (2X)

Posts: 2458 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
urbangirl20030
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for urbangirl20030     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice response but it doesn't change the fact that they are making money for themselves off of someone else's photos that were donated to be used to raise money for a great cause. In addition, the autograph is bogus!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 3608 | From: Petaluma, Ca | Registered: Oct 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
granny
Guitar Monkey
Member # 23

Icon 1 posted      Profile for granny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If she won the calendar from a radio station maybe she doesn't know the autograph is bogus. If they told her he autographed it she probably believed them. I didn't see it. Haven't been on ebay in weeks. I have many autographs and would know his handwriting too.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 4509 | From: Sebring, Florida | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
kutexfan
Just Registered
Member # 17884

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kutexfan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just had some of my photos chosen for the calender and you sign a release form for the pictures that are used. it just seems to be much ado about nothing. i agree that the person may think the autographs are real and are going on that assumption with the listing. once they have the calender it's theirs. some people are just more touchy about it than others i guess. i have more important things to worry about. but i guess that's just me...lol. don't be mad at me, i just say what's on my mind. not meant to be aimed at anyone in particular. it's just how i feel about my pictures being sold by someone else. you are of course entitled to your opinion...this is mine [smile]
Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2008  | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-Friendly View of this Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KeithUrbanFans.com