KEITHURBANFANS.COM

Return To KeithUrbanFans.com Home Page

KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board » ON TOUR WITH KEITH URBAN » CONCERT REVIEWS » Phoenix show!

- Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Phoenix show!
urbangirl20030
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1722

Icon 4 posted      Profile for urbangirl20030     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We got home from Phoenix last night and I needed a good nights sleep before attempting to review this show. It was well worth the quick week end trip to AZ for this show. AT first I didn't have any interest in traveling to see Kennys' stadium show with a shortened set from Keith, However, the more I thought about it, it would be an experience that I hadn't had before, seeing them both in a football stadium and since I hadn't seen Keith since the tour ended in March, it was time for a Keith fix!

We stayed at the Residence Inn about a mile from the stadium and it seemed like everyone else at the hotel was there for this concert. They were taking people over in the hotel shuttle so we didn't have to drive and park which was nice. It was 100 degrees on Saturday and we got to the stadium about 3:30. It was very hot and we had to walk a ways from where the shuttle dropped us off to where the entrance was so I was glad to find out they had the stadium roof closed and it was quite nice in there.

A local band opened the show, Kenny has this contest and they won from the Phoenix area, they were really good I thought, a girl was the lead singer. Then Gary Allan performed which I enjoyed, saw him before but only at CMA fest one year. He's great but those green ear monitors he wore freaked me out! There was a break between each act while they reset the stage . Next up was Sammy Hagar. The music sounded like noise mostly, there were a couple of songs I enjoyed though. He was wearing red capris and red tennis shoes and a red & white shirt. His stage set up included a bar well stocked with bikini clad bartenders! He mentioned that Kenny asked him to keep his language under control as it's a family show, and he would try but no guarantees. He did pretty well except for a couple of slips, hopefully the kids in the audience didn't notice! Since Leann Rimes couldn't perform due to vocal cord problems, I thought maybe Keith would have a longer set but he didn't. I don't know how they filled in the time because there weren't any added acts and it started and ended right on time. I used the time when Sammy was on stage to go to the merch booth and get my passport stamped. I bought a new shirt, I wasn't planning on getting one this time but when I saw the picture on it.......SOLD! The sexiest picture of Keith wearing a shirt that says "you look good in my shirt", I figured with the single coming out, this would be a good luck shirt. It's a gray baby doll and oh so soft like all the Hank & Evie shirts are, then I bought a Keith Urban ballcap too.

Then it was finally time for Keith!!! This was what I had come for and I noticed a buzz around the stadium when it was nearing time for Keith so it seemed like a lot of folks were there for Keith too! As soon as the band walked on stage, the crowd errupted and a few seconds later Keith strolled out and the crowd went wild. Even the two young men sitting next to me and had been sitting, jumped up and started rocking out. Keith looked fantastic , thanks to his big screen and the other two video screens on the sides we had a good view from our seats in the 1st level, 7th row on the side. I noticed that the colors were so vibrant and bright on the big screen, Oh my, his eyes were so blue this time and he looked very well rested and refreshed! That's what sleeping in your own bed will do! He did come down the catwalk several times and worked both ends of the stage like he always does, he slapped hands with the fans down front and sat down there for a guitar solo but didn't get off the stage. It was just a shortened version of his own arena shows and he looked so happy and healthy. That white shirt really brings out the color of his eyes and the jeans were just right! He actually seemed a bit trimmer than in March but let me tell you all that he looks the best I've seen him in a long while. He always looks great to me but there's something special now, maybe where his life is at right now, he just seems so happy and it does my heart good to see this. His set was over all too soon, oh I wanted so much more but I came knowing it would be short and I soaked it all in while he was on! When he had left the stage, I heard the people in back of me having a conversation like went something like this, WOW, Keith Urban really surprised me! Yeah I had no idea he was that good, why didn't I know this? He really impressed me!! So I sat there listening with a big old smile on my face feeling so proud that my boy has won over some more people that had no idea! I wonder how many more in the stadium were saying the same thing!
We stayed for Kennys show too, I was hoping Keith would come out again but he didn't. Kenny had Uncle Kracker come out and sing with him, would rather have had Keith! For Kennys set they opened the stadium roof and by that time it was cooled off nicely and we could see the stars. I felt quite fortunate that I only had one beer spilled on me by the guy next to me and it only spilled on my foot so it was Ok. The show ended around 11pm and we caught the shuttle back to the hotel and crashed!

I hope to have some pictures ready tonight, can't work on them until after work tonight.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 3608 | From: Petaluma, Ca | Registered: Oct 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
terrilynn
Guitar Monkey
Member # 6687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terrilynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome review Gail. Sounds like Keith and you had a fantastic time. [highfive]

--------------------
06/04/05*8/17/07*04/09/08
 -

Posts: 5422 | From: maryland | Registered: Jun 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Angldl
Urban Crazy
Member # 4874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angldl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was there too. Wasnt he AMAZING? It went by so fast, but he looked so great, from where we sat, section 113 first row, we thought his voice was overpowered by the guitar at times, but hey, we arent complaining! I got a few good pics, not many. When he did YTOM...I actually got choked up, it was so good!
Posts: 128 | From: Phoenix | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
suburbanite
Urban Fanatic
Member # 3775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suburbanite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome home, Gail! I love the conversation you overheard. I'd also love to see more pics when you get the chance.
Posts: 934 | From: Northern California | Registered: Nov 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
sunshinemom to one
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshinemom to one     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gail, I am glad that you got to go. Love your review. I guess i will never get to see Keith again, but if i don't then it is God's plan for me not to. [grouphug] [thankyou]

--------------------
Life Is A Balance
Of Holding On
And Letting Go!
"God's Been Good To Me"
 -
If ye abide in me,and my words abide in you,ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. ST.John 16:7

Posts: 3487 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Feb 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
urbanfan74
Guitar Monkey
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for urbanfan74     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a great review. Enjoyed reading every
word. Love hearing positive remarks about
Keith and his music. Thanks Gail.

Posts: 1502 | From: Florida | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
janieurbangirl
Urban Fanatic
Member # 4783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janieurbangirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gail for the great review. I just love the way you were so descriptive, especially for us Monkeys who haven't been to a concert of any sort in awhile! You soaked Keith in, Love It!!!! [hyper]
Posts: 918 | From: brick new jersey | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-Friendly View of this Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KeithUrbanFans.com