KEITHURBANFANS.COM

Return To KeithUrbanFans.com Home Page

KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board » ON TOUR WITH KEITH URBAN » CONCERT REVIEWS » Chicago- Soldier Field with Kenny Chesney! (Page 1)

- Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Chicago- Soldier Field with Kenny Chesney!
somebodylikeKU
Guitar Monkey
Member # 3824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for somebodylikeKU     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I'm not good at concert reviews, but since no one else has said anything yet I might as well put my two cents in!

Keith went on after Luke Bryan, Gary Allan, and Leann Rimes... and BOY did he ROCK! It was my 5th time seeing Keith over the past 4 years or so and this was the best I have ever seen him- despite the fact that he wasn't headlining the tour!!! The stadium was packed and ready for Keith by the time he came on. In fact, I think I had just as many Keith fans sitting around me as Kenny fans!

Keith's setlist included (but not in this order)-

who wouldn't wanna be me
you're my better half
better life
you'll think of me
where the blacktop ends
somebody like you
you look good in my shirt
days go by
raining on sunday
once in a lifetime
i told you so
stupid boy

...and the whole show went by way too quickly! Keith came out wearing a bright red tshirt which was a shocker to me, every other time I had seen him he was wearing black! So this was pretty exciting, haha! My favorite part came when he sang you look good in my shirt (always been my favorite song- but it seems like it's everyone's favorite now that it plays on the radio!) and the new(ish) live version of better half. Another highlight came when they showed Nicole Kidman sitting on sidestage- the day before the show happened to be her birthday so Keith made an announcement and the entire stadium sang 'Happy Birthday' to Nicole. She looked very happy! Not to mention very pretty as usual. I want to say Keith's set lasted about an hour and a half... not sure exactly how long it was though.

Keith came out during Kenny's set wearing a light blue tshirt (goodness did he look HOT!) and sang Take it to the Limit with Kenny. Keith was introduced as one of Kenny's best friends, and at the end of the song Kenny gave Keith the biggest hug, it was precious!

Like I said, I'm not very good at concert reviews, so this is just about as best as I can make it. Hopefully someone else can add on here!

--------------------
You don’t have to find your own way out;
You’ve got a voice let it be heard.

-
April'04 Moline, IL
December'04 Rosemont, IL
July'05 Twin Lakes, WI
November'07 Rosemont, IL
June'08 Chicago, IL
June'09 Moline, IL

Posts: 2665 | From: whitewater, wi | Registered: Dec 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryAnn
Urban Fanatic
Member # 5161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaryAnn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thankyou] Your review was great !!

MaryAnn

--------------------
Love "Get Closer" - I haven't loved a CD like this one since Golden Road...love em all, but this one for me is a huge hit !!!!

Posts: 930 | From: New Jersey !! | Registered: Apr 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
canadakaren
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canadakaren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it was wonderful!! Thank you very much for sharing [love1]

--------------------
 -
“To be nobody but yourself in a world that is doing its best to make you just like everybody else means to fight the greatest battle there is to fight and to never stop fighting.” — E. E. Cummings

Posts: 6755 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: May 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
terrilynn
Guitar Monkey
Member # 6687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terrilynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thankyou] for the review.

--------------------
06/04/05*8/17/07*04/09/08
 -

Posts: 5422 | From: maryland | Registered: Jun 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
judymp
Urban Crazy
Member # 5995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for judymp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was seated right of stage,at Soldier Field only saw NK on screen.For anyone who had center view, could she be seen on the stage in person?
Posts: 189 | Registered: May 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelz1964
Urban Newbie
Member # 16576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelz1964     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi...I'm a newbie to the board and I'm a longtime Keith Urban fan who saw my first concert at Soldier Field!! I was ECSTATIC!! Keith was amazing!

I was in section G on the field about 2/3 back. I didn't see much on stage...just the jumbotron.

Posts: 5 | From: Bloomington, IL | Registered: Jun 2008  | Report this post to a Moderator
somebodylikeKU
Guitar Monkey
Member # 3824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for somebodylikeKU     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judy, I am pretty sure she was on the right side of stage, juuust far enough back where she couldn't easily be seen in person. She came out a little further when we sang Happy Birthday though.

--------------------
You don’t have to find your own way out;
You’ve got a voice let it be heard.

-
April'04 Moline, IL
December'04 Rosemont, IL
July'05 Twin Lakes, WI
November'07 Rosemont, IL
June'08 Chicago, IL
June'09 Moline, IL

Posts: 2665 | From: whitewater, wi | Registered: Dec 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
keithfan
Urban Fanatic
Member # 632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keithfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great review and very accurate. I was there, but way back. Thank goodness for the HUGE video screens. I thought Keith was outstanding, as usual. I loved when Keith came out and sang with Kenny, but I would have loved more of them together. I loved the fact that we got to sing Happy Birthday to Nicole! That was awesome! Definately something to remember for a long time!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 570 | From: Illinois | Registered: Oct 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
judymp
Urban Crazy
Member # 5995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for judymp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks SBLKU. In your post you say,"when we sang happy birthday". Makes me smile! What a hoot to think WE,plus a zillion more,sang as if we were part of KU's party,and know one another.Fun!
Aussie-Nel
Urban Fanatic
Member # 11454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aussie-Nel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks heaps for the review - we saw the happy birthday thing briefly on the news- that would have been cool to be a part of

I love the fact that he is not the main act and still obviously gives it a red hot go - he and Kenny are obviously great mates

--------------------
Cheers
Nel

'Everybody needs somebody sometime'

'I'd be lost but for the Grace Of God'

'Think I got it right this time'

Posts: 577 | From: Sydney Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
keico2431
Urban Crazy
Member # 9929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keico2431     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much somebodylikeKU for taking the time to post your review...It is so very much appreciated....It makes me sad that not many fans take the time to post concert reviews or BSE anymore....I love seeing photos but I love love to hear a fan's first-hand account and feel their excitement at just being there!!!!! So once again, somebodylikeKU,
[thankyou] [thankyou] [thankyou]

--------------------
Indianapolis - 11/08/07
Lexington - 04/26/08
Indianapolis - 09/13/08
Cincinnati - 06/05/09
Louisville - 08/22/09
Cincinnati - 08/11/11

Posts: 472 | From: N. KY | Registered: Jan 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
asilasil
Urban Fan
Member # 16618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for asilasil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all,
I just joined this site, and this was my first Keith concert. OMG, and will not be my last. i'm trying to figure out now how to go again. I've always loved his voice and songs, but had no idea how good he is at guitar. I love guitar solos and this man is amazing. I've seen the videos and tv performances, but until he plays right infront of you and the sweat is dripping from his body as he hit chords you never expected....it is amazing. and the man can thump...(thump-plays guitar like the piano). ok, I'm getting all excited again...

Posts: 21 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jun 2008  | Report this post to a Moderator
asilasil
Urban Fan
Member # 16618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for asilasil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ohhh, I was in the right sandbar and CRod gave me his wrist band. That was really exciting. I was hoping someone had a pics of it. It was right after they took their bow. He took it off and walked right over to me....
Posts: 21 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jun 2008  | Report this post to a Moderator
judymp
Urban Crazy
Member # 5995

Just looked at my pics,CRod still has wrist band on,after bow.Good luck with that!Although it seems you've already had luck, sand bar,wrist band,lucky girl!
sohot4ku
Guitar Monkey
Member # 4399

Icon 3 posted      Profile for sohot4ku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keith rocked Chicago and Stole the Show! [wink]

SO grateful that I was there..
WOW, what a night! [grin] [eek] [love3] [facelick] [guitarist]

--------------------
 -
http://www.myspace.com/soohot4ku
IL.12.3.04 / KU FCP-TN 06.8.05 / Rock,IL 06.25.05 / Mil, WI 07.09.05 /Twn Lkes,WI 07.21.05 / Mad,WI 09.22.05 /Grn By,WI 09.23.05 / Mol,IL. 11.30.05/ Chicago,IL. 2.10.06 / Chicago,IL. 2.8.07 /Mil,WI 7.26.07 /Mol,IL. 7.27.07/Mi.11.2.07-11.3.07 /IL. 11.16.07/Fl.12.9.07 /4.22.08/4.26.08/ 6.21.08:)

Posts: 1233 | From: Illinois ~ west suburb of Chicago | Registered: Jan 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-Friendly View of this Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KeithUrbanFans.com