KEITHURBANFANS.COM

Return To KeithUrbanFans.com Home Page

KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board » ON TOUR WITH KEITH URBAN » CONCERT REVIEWS » Foxboro MA 7/26/08

- Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Foxboro MA 7/26/08
annie1
Urban Crazy
Member # 2052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annie1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a fantastic day (except for the awful traffic a 50 minute trip that took 3.5 hours.) What made this day exceptional for me was that my husband managed to get me a backstage experience, and what a shame that only 8 fan club members get the chance at a backstage experience, there were at least 50 people there.

Anyway it was a beautiful summer day, no rain, very few clouds. We went to will call and got our passes and I could finally believe it was all true that I would finally have this experience after 5 years of being a Keith Urban fan and going to 16 shows, in fact saturday was my 16th show, and it was sweet.

We went right back to where you were to meet for BSE and waited, there were only 2 other people there before us. It all started to fill up so we made sure we were close to the entry way. I ended up being #5 in line, what a blessing that turned out
to be. We went in and waited a little longer. Then they took us into the next area where you get ready for the photo. We all lined up and then realized that Keith would stand between 4 and 5 and I was 5. I was so excited, I was so excited anyway that
was just the icing on the cake. He finally came out, he looked amazing and smelled beautiful (I know everyone says that, but it's true) He came out and shook the first ten peoples hands and then posed for photo, he was to my right and I had my hand on his waist, he's so slim, I kept thinking he's put on weight in the last few years but if he has he must have been super skinny before, there was no fat on him and the shirt he wore was pretty
tight. If you could manage to muster up something to say he would certainly respond, I really could get anything out. We took a few photos and we were on our way into the private room. This room could not have been more than 15 feet by 15 feet. It was set up up kitty corner, with a small riser and a stool
and microphone. We then watched a video with different funny clips and pieces of interviews, I had probably seen about 1/3 of the stuff on the video from tv stuff. It was very funny. Then he
came in the room and made some small talk for a few minutes and then asked what song we'd like to hear. At first he said how about Kenny Chesney's greatest hits and started to play a little of
"How Forever feels" it was pretty cute. I did have an embaressing moment, when he was asking for songs I thought of You're Not alone tonight and had a little Arnold Horshack moment from Welcome Back Kotter, when he raises his hand and says OOO OOO OOO. I am trying to forget that I did that.

Anyway, he sang Once in a Lifetime, it was amazing, he doesn't do that song in his set, he adlibbed a few lines and when he said the first one's born and a her brother comes along we all
cheered and clapped and he got a kick out of that. It was sweet.
He then did a question and answer session and answered about 5 questions, nothing too interesting that I didn't already know.

Someone did ask his favorite song to play, he said he loves Stupid Boy for the guitar work.

Anyway after he left my friend and I each sat on his stool and took a photo of each other. Pretty silly. The crazy thing is we were really the only ones who couldn't contain ourselves.

The show was also amazing very high energy and when he did ROS he says at the end of the song I had a baby and I named her Sunday, we freaked out, that was awesome, if you look it up on youtube you can find it, my videos are at 7898733. The date on it is incorrect I wrote 7/27 by mistake.

Keith is always phenomenal and he didn't disappoint.

Everything was awesome.

Annie

--------------------
 -

Posts: 451 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jan 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
gotitbad4urban
Urban Crazy
Member # 15321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gotitbad4urban     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Annie,your experience with Keith was so good to read thanks for telling all.I should be jealous but I'm glad for you and the other fans who get to do this with Keith.Maybe one day it will be my turn and I can tell everyone about it..heres hoping.

Keran
[love1] [heart] [love1] [heart]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 215 | From: west australia | Registered: Feb 2008  | Report this post to a Moderator
granny
Guitar Monkey
Member # 23

Icon 1 posted      Profile for granny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the review. Glad you had a great time. And Keith did used to be super skinny...lol

--------------------
 -

Posts: 4509 | From: Sebring, Florida | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
URBAN JUNKIE
Just Registered
Member # 17161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for URBAN JUNKIE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is kind of late but I also went to this show. Paid a lot of money just to see Keith Urban but it paid off. We were in line to go in to see Gary Allen when someone said Keith is at the XM Radio Stage. We ran over and I was like 7 1/2 feet away from him. He definitely gave me a Lo 5 and a hand shake when he went off stage. YAY ME! I was all cool about it when it happened but after he walked away, I squealed like a 12 year old girl. I don't know if I should admit this but I'm 28. I have a few pix of the concert on myspace. www.myspace.com/marikkitta. As far as the concert, Keith was great!! The tour is near its ending and I hope to see headlines for a new one pop-up soon. BTW, I drove from Fredericksburg, Va so it took me a little longer then 3.5 hours.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2008  | Report this post to a Moderator
kerwoman
Urban Fanatic
Member # 4562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kerwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aussome Annie.Thanks for sharing your expirience with us!!!You made me smile [smile]
Posts: 939 | From: maine | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
sunshinemom to one
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshinemom to one     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a great review, i am very happy for you that you got back stage passes to meet with Keith. You must have a great husband to do all this for you. [grouphug] [thankyou]

--------------------
Life Is A Balance
Of Holding On
And Letting Go!
"God's Been Good To Me"
 -
If ye abide in me,and my words abide in you,ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. ST.John 16:7

Posts: 3487 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Feb 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-Friendly View of this Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KeithUrbanFans.com