KEITHURBANFANS.COM

Return To KeithUrbanFans.com Home Page

KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board » ON TOUR WITH KEITH URBAN » CONCERT REVIEWS » State College, PA

- Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: State College, PA
mlb212522
Guitar Monkey
Member # 10563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlb212522     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
G'Day Y'all!

I don't know where to start with this review. This has to be one of the best concerts that I have ever been to so far. I have so many memories and I can't wait to see Keith again in Charleston, WV at the end of May.

First of all lets start with how the day started. Since that is where the excitement started. Me and another Monkey Friend of mine Amy traveled up to State College, PA together and met up with a group of Monkeys that we had been wanting to meet for a very long time. We found them by the buses. They had seen Keith and the guys drive off on their motorcycles and he said hi to them then. That is how we found them. We heard them scream. So we decided to just wait until Keith and the guys came back. We waited almost three hours. They did come back and Keith waved to us and said hi. We were not expecting him to come over and talk to us but he did. He asked us if he had anything for him to sign. We all got an autograph and hug. It was so amazing. He is so sweet and loves his fans so much! Nicole is one very lucky woman and Sunday is one lucky little girl! We all got a little sunburned. But for Keith. It was so worth it!

After the preparty we went inside the arena. Sugarland wasn't there. Jennifer Nettles' was sick and so they couldn't open. A local band called the Rustlander's opened up. They were okay. But after all that had happened. I just wanted to see Keith. He was on fire Saturday night. He opened with Hit The Ground Running. He looked so hot, was feeling good, and so sweet and charming and sexy. He was so happy the first half of the show. But ever happier once he told security to lay off of us and we all rushed up to the stage and catwalk. It was the second time he had said something to them. The first time was after You're My Better Half when he walked to the stage in the back. In which he walked right past me and Amy. The people in the lower section were trying to come down when security stopped them. He told them that they were already on their way down and to just let them go. You gotta love him! He called a lady up on stage and gave her a kiss on the cheek. When he came back to the front that is when he really got after security for being so strict. He told them that nobody is going to start a riot, nobody is going to fall of the **** chairs, and to lay off of us already. That is when we all took off to the front of the stage. I was wasn't at the front but really close to him. I was close to the catwalk and front stage. I was up in a chair along with half the arena. That is when the party really got started. He was really enjoying us all being up there like that with him. THANK YOU KEITH!

The crowd was amazing and was really into the show. He had the whole entire place on their feet. Even up in the stands. He kept the confetti after Better Life which was the closing song. By the end of the show I didn't want to go home. I am just so glad that I don't have long until Charleston or I would have been in tears afterward. I am going to seven other shows at least. I may try for a few others if I can. I know for sure that I am going to find me some more tickets for Charlottesville. I cannot be up in the stands after Saturday night. I don't care where on the floor I am at. I just need to find me some floor seats.

I am just so happy that I got to meet some of my friends. Ashley, Lauren, Smurph, Jennifer, Taylor, I know I am forgetting people. But I hope that we can all meet up again this year. This is an experience we will never forget.

Thank you Keith for an amazing night! You are so sweet.

I will post my pictures on the Monkeyville Board, Facebook, and MySpace Page.

I hope this link works:

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k220/mlb212522/State%20College%20Concert/

--------------------
~Tiffany~

2006 x2
2007: x3 +(BSE)
2008: x4
2009: State College, Charleston, Roanoke, Greenville, Charlotte, Raleigh, Charlottesville, Nashville

May 9, 2009: State College, PA! ~ *Met Keith*!

Posts: 2664 | From: Martinsville, Virginia | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aussie-Nel
Urban Fanatic
Member # 11454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aussie-Nel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much for the review mate - sounds like it was a great night and seeing Keith before the concert would have been very special.

Keith must enjoy having a go a security guards - he did the same thing at Wollongong last year when they tried to stop us getting near the stage - way to go Keith

--------------------
Cheers
Nel

'Everybody needs somebody sometime'

'I'd be lost but for the Grace Of God'

'Think I got it right this time'

Posts: 577 | From: Sydney Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-Friendly View of this Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KeithUrbanFans.com