KEITHURBANFANS.COM

Return To KeithUrbanFans.com Home Page

KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board » ON TOUR WITH KEITH URBAN » CONCERT REVIEWS » Green Bay Review

- Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Green Bay Review
oneofeach
Guitar Monkey
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneofeach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to start by saying it has been a very long time since I have posted on this board. I just wanted to share a few things I felt on Saturday with some of my "old timer" friends!
It had been 13 LONG months, that is by far the longest stretch of NOT seeing him in the 11 years I've followed him!! Life changes so much in 13 months and we all know it has for him! I wondered would he be different because he's a dad now, would I notice a "spring" in his step, or bags under his eyes form lack of sleep?!
Zac Brown Band opened. I know a lot of people do not like them because they grew tired of Chicken Fried, but these guys are amazing musicians. Especially the fiddle player (anyone who knows me knows I love me some fiddle!!!) Anyway we had the chance to see them back in March so I was really excited to see them again, and was not let down. I encourage you to go see them with an open mind, Chicken Fried is just one of MANY great songs they have. There are times I think the lead singer sounds like James Taylor, times I think their sound as a whole is like Jimmy Buffet, and time they are in a league of their own. Their cd is awesome, and I would highly recommend it! I think they were a great match to tour with Keith and I hope people start to give them the credit they deserve.
When I first got to my seat I was in awe of the new stage set up. It really by far is Keith's best stage setup. I had not read any reviews as I wanted to go in unjaded, so I will not give anything away as to not spoil it for anyone else, but the stage, lights and screens make the show uncomparable. Keith was at his finest, one guitar solo in particular is mesmerizing. I mean really we all know Keith can play, but this night, this solo was unlike anything even I've seen from him. It was almost "trippy" like the guitar literally was just a part of his body. There was no break between him and the body of the guitar, no break between him and the strings, it was really just him and the guitar. I can honestly say I really did get so mesmerized it felt like he was alone on stage.
I always encourage people to go see Keith, this tour however is a must. I really think Keith has put more thought and effort in to this than ever before. I know times are tight, trust me I do, but if there is anyway you can get the money together this is one show you do not want to miss. If he's not coming near you, sell something, save for it, cut out Starbucks and put that money towards the expense, but this show has to be seen. There is nothing about the show itself I would change, well of course I'd still like to hear Grace of God, and Love Thing, and Homespun Love, but Im pretty sure I'll never hear those live again!!!
The only thing I would say is I'd like to see Keith consider a pit system in front of the stage. My heart broke for several disabled people who thought their floor seats were going to be great (and they should have been) only to have people push their way to the front and stand right in front of them. I mean really you see a person in a wheel chair and you still stand in front of them? Where's the love people?! I also know there are some fan club members who have been having a hard time with accesible seating, and I know they've been looking to spend the extra to be in the floor. Im not saying everyone should sit, so dont throw things at me. I do stand and prefer a crowd that stands. Im just saying Im amazed sometimes at the lack of thought we show for those around us. All of the security told us Keith wanted people around the stage which I think is great, but there is a better way to go about that. Just because Keith says he wants people around the stage doesnt mean you take other peoples seats and it also doesnt mean you stand directly in front of someone who is physically unable to stand. Keith works the venue, trust me. Like I said I do not want to give too much away, but being in the front isnt the only place to be!!!
It was great to see him again, there seems to be a little more spring to his step, and a little more glow to his face. I think the time off was good for him, because this show he's put together is well worth the price of admission!

Posts: 2008 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
granny
Guitar Monkey
Member # 23

Icon 1 posted      Profile for granny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds awesome. I am strapped for money right now, but I do have a job...lol...I bought one of those $20 tickets in the back, but am glad just to get in. I have been in the front many times in the past so do not feel bad about not getting in the front now. It would be great if I won a M&G though. Gonna have to drive 9 hours for this show and was seriously thinking about not going because of the expense, but after reading your review I guess I better not do that...lol...I never got tired of Chicken Fried and like Zak Brown Band. I haven't seen them though, and they aren't playing the show I am attending. [sad]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 4509 | From: Sebring, Florida | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*LORI*
Guitar Monkey
Member # 957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *LORI*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 10 days to go....and now I REALLY can't wait!!!

--------------------
 -

"Be Good To Each Other" ~ Keith Urban

Posts: 5178 | From: Smithfield, VA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GailInVA
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GailInVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the great review. I think I can guess which song included the mesmerizing guitar solo - I'm really looking forward to seeing him play that one in Roanoke. I saw him do one of those on Nobody Drinks Alone on his birthday in 2004 in Fairfax. I was very close and taking lots of pictures and I just dropped the camera to watch in awe. I'll never forget it. Anyway, glad you had such a great time! [smile]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2109 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KUlover
Urban Fanatic
Member # 2486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KUlover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the review. I'm seeing Keith in July out here in California and I can't wait! I'm taking a friend who's never seeen Keith in concert before. In fact she only knows a few songs here and there, so I'm excited to see what she thinks!!

Again, thanks for sharing your review!!

--------------------
~~ NIKKI~~

Posts: 538 | From: California | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
comradlk
Urban Crazy
Member # 1996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for comradlk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad for the great comments about ZBB.... I love their cd and have from the first time I heard it. I did get to see them in Pittsburgh with the fireworks show at the Pirates game and they were awesome!! I mad I didn't go to Cleveland to see them at the HOB. They are great musicians.

I can't wait to see Keith again and I dont' post like I use to and it will be 20 months since I've seen Keith at his own concert and that is the longest stretch without seeing him since the first time in 2003. I am ecstatic and I want it to be a surprise!! I haven't read too many reviews just because I want to take it all in and not be "jaded".....

can't wait for Pittsburgh, and Cleveland....

--------------------
 -

Posts: 275 | From: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Krz4ku1967
Urban Fan
Member # 18503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krz4ku1967     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The wait 'til Sept (Portland) is going to be excruciating, especially after reading your terrific review and I can't wait. I know what you mean about people being rude and pushing their way forward - this happened to us a couple of years ago in Portland and Seattle. We had floor seating at both venues, but I wasn't impressed with it at all, primarily because everyone moved out of their seating area and pushed forward toward the stage and catwalk, and to heck with everyone in their paths. Our seats were very close to the catwalk, but there were so many taller people in front of us waving their arms or putting their kids on their shoulders, and many standing on their chairs (!), our view was really blocked much of the time, despite our proximity to Keith! It was very disappointing to be so near yet so far, and surprising that certain fans could be so inconsiderate of their peers.

This year we have almost "nosebleed" seating, but we will be directly behind a large handicap section so we're hoping with the new stage set-up and screens our view will still be good. We'll have a blast no matter what. It's Keith!!!!

Thanks again for the terrific review I'm soooooooooooo excited!!!!

--------------------
KeithsKris

Posts: 76 | From: Bend, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-Friendly View of this Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KeithUrbanFans.com