KEITHURBANFANS.COM

Return To KeithUrbanFans.com Home Page

KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board » ON TOUR WITH KEITH URBAN » CONCERT REVIEWS » ROANOKE WITH DEBINKY AND SUSAN

- Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ROANOKE WITH DEBINKY AND SUSAN
reikoafs
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reikoafs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FIRST OFF WE HAD TO EXCHANGE OUR TICKETMASTER PRESALE TICKETS TO TICKETS.COM WHICH WE DIDN'T KNOW TILL WE WAITED IN LINE FOR AN HOUR....IT WAS UNBELIEVABLE THE CONFUSION, BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS WE GOT IN....WHOO-HOO!!!!

DIERKS WAS AS ALWAYS HIGH ENERGY AND AWESOME AND ROBBIE IS LOOKING MIGHTY FINE!!!

KEITH CAME ON RIGHT AT 8:50 AND CAME UP THROUGH THE FLOOR IN A CLOUD OF SMOKE "HIT THE GROUND RUNNIN"....IT WAS AMAZING AS ALWAYS!!!

THE CROWD WAS AS HIGH ENERGY AS KEITH WAS AND IT LOOKED TO BE SOLD OUT. NOT A HUGE VENUE AND MORE INTIMATE WHICH I LOVED LOVED LOVED IT....

HE DID THE SAME SET AS THE NIGHT BEFORE EXCEPT THAT HE BROUGHT DIERKS OUT AND THEY DID "TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT" BY THE EAGLES AND AFTER THE FIRST TO CHORUS'S KEITH SAID "DIERKS HAS THE WORDS WROTE ON HIS ARM" AND DIERKS SAID "NO I WENT ACROSS THE STREET TO THE TATTOO PARLOT AND GOT A PHOENIX" AND KEITH GRABBED DIERKS ARM AND SHOWED THE WORDS TO "TTTL" AND DIERKS POINTED TO THE WORDS AND SAID "FREE AND EASY DOWN THE ROAD I GO, I FORGET THE WORDS TO MY SONGS SOMETIMES"...LOL THOSE TWO WERE CRACKING UP AND COULD HARDLY FINISH THE SONG...IT WAS PRICELESS!!!

WHEN KEITH CAME DOWN THE RAMP ON OUR SIDE TO WORK HIS WAY TO THE BACK STAGE, I RUSHED DOWN THE STEPS TO TRY TO GET CLOSE UP PIC OF HIM GOING BY BUT BECAUSE I WASN'T WANTING TO MISS TRY TO SAY HI TO HIM OR TOUCH HIM I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE TWO PICS I TOOK WERE...LOL!! GOOD NEWS IS THAT I DID GET PUT MY HAND ON HIS SWEATY SWEATY SHOULDER AND DOWN HIS BACK AND SAID "HI KEITH, WE LOVE YOU" AS HE WALKED BY AND BACK UP THE STEPS I WENT.

ONE SURPRISE WE HAD WAS THAT HE WENT INTO THE AUDIENCE DIRECTLY ACROSS FROM OUR SECTION...DARN WHY DIDN'T HE PICK THE SECTION TO HIS LEFT CAUSE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN RIGHT WHERE WE WERE....OH WELL THOSE PEOPLE ACROSS IN THE FIRST SECTION OFF FLOOR GOT A GREAT SURPRISE WITH HIM COMING IN THE AUDIENCE WHICH HE DIDN'T DO THE NIGHT BEFORE.

THE CONCERT WAS JUST AMAZING AND I TOLD MYSELF THAT I COULD SCREAM AND SING ALONG MUCH CAUSE I COULD BARELY TALK AFTER THURSDAY NIGHTS SHOW, BUT I COULD HELP MYSELF....YOU CAN'T GO TO A KEITH SHOW AND NOT SING ALONG AND NOT SCREAM IN ADMIRATION OF THAT MANS AMAZING TALENT....GEEEEEZZZ I'M TELLING YOU HE IS JUST ON FIRE WITH THAT GUITAR AND WITH HIS VOCALS.

HE HAD A COUPLE OF NEW GUITARS HE USED THE LAST TWO NIGHTS, ONE IS A CLEAR ONE AND THE OTHER A GREENISH ONE.

WHEN HE DID "ROS" AND SING A LITTLE SONG ABOUT VIRGINIA AND HE SAID A LINE AND WHATEVER THE LAST WORD WAS HE SAID HE NEEDED SOMETHING TO RHYME WITH IT AND THIS GIRL CLOSE TO HIM SAID "TAKE ME HOME" AND KEITH SAID IN THE MIC "SHE SAID TAKE ME HOME" AND EVERYBODY INCLUDING KEITH WAS CRACKING UP LAUGHING....LOL!!!

KEITH PLAYED TILL ABOUT 11:15 AND AT THE END HE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT HOW THIS WAS THE BEST FOR THEM CAUSE IT WAS MAGICAL.

WHEN WE LEFT AND WERE DRIVING OUT OF VENUE WE HAD TO STOP AND LET KEITHS BUS THROUGH AND HE WAS IN THE FRONT SEAT OF THE BUS AND I WAS OUT THE WINDOW SCREAMING FOR HIM...LOL!!! WE ENDED UP A COUPLE OF CARS BEHIND THE BUS AND WHEN WE PASSED IT I WAS HANGING OUT THE WINDOW AGAIN WAVING TO THE BUS AND KEITH WAS STANDING IN THE DOORWAY THAT GOES TO BACK OF BUS!!! I LOOKED BACK AT HIS BUS AND THOUGHT "SEE YA IN AUGUST" WITH SADNESS....

I GOT SOME GREAT VIDEOS AND SOME PRETTY GOOD PICS BUT I'M AT SUSAN'S AND WON'T BE HOME TILL SUNDAY AFTERNOON SO WILL UPLOAD THEM AS SOON AS I CAN.

ANOTHER AMAZING CONCERT BY THE MOST AMAZINGLY GIFTED ARTIST!!!

MONKEYHUGS AND LUV,
DEB AND SUSAN

--------------------
 -

Susan in WV

Posts: 2477 | From: Beckley, WV | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*LORI*
Guitar Monkey
Member # 957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *LORI*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roanoke WAS magical, wasn't it Deb and Susan??

Sorry we didn't bump into you..the chaos of turning the tickets in kept us from looking for you guys...The Roanoke Civic Center is NOT my favorite venue at all....but Keith seems to love Roanoke so thats enough for me. The concert was truly as great as any I have been to since since '03....and can't belive I have to wait til August to see him again...though right now I am still on such a high from last night that I may try to work in another show or two if I can talk Gail into in....going to look into it NOW since I still have the adrenaline pumping!

--------------------
 -

"Be Good To Each Other" ~ Keith Urban

Posts: 5178 | From: Smithfield, VA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GailInVA
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GailInVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry we did not get to see you Susan and Deb. Roanoke was fantastic, definitely up there as one of the best - if not *the* best - I have ever been to - the show had incredible energy and Keith was in a fantastic mood. I was lucky enough to have gotten a row 5 seat in the Monkeyville presale and it was an experience I will never forget! I was especially thrilled to get to see YTOM (one of my all-time favorites) right next to me at the end of the catwalk! [heart]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2109 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monkeyhugsdeb
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkeyhugsdeb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry we didn't get to see you Lori and Gail...and it was an amazing concert for sure!!!

I loved every second of it and Keith seems to only get better and I never thought I could say that he could improve on guitar but I guess seeing him play new songs, new chords, etc....it was just the BEST EVER!!!

I'm in the same boat as you Lori...no shows till the Nashville show in August...boohoo!!!

--------------------
 -
Backstage at Opry 9/27/08.

I am not what I ought to be.
I am not what I hope to be.
But still, I am not what I used to be.
And, by the grace of God, I am what I am.

Posts: 5840 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AussieCowgirl01
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AussieCowgirl01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved this, this is getting me pumped for Nashville in August. Thank you for sharing!

--------------------
 -
June 7, 2005 Nashville, TN

Posts: 3721 | From: Tupelo, MS | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GailInVA
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GailInVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't miss debbieg5's YouTube videos from Roanoke!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2109 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
urbangirl20030
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for urbangirl20030     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear all you crazy southerners had a great time! Is it almost July yet???

--------------------
 -

Posts: 3608 | From: Petaluma, Ca | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GailInVA
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2661

Yes it is....because Lori & I need it to be August soon! [grin]

--------------------
 -

urbangirl20030
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for urbangirl20030     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[rotfl] [grouphug] [wink]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 3608 | From: Petaluma, Ca | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-Friendly View of this Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KeithUrbanFans.com