KEITHURBANFANS.COM

Return To KeithUrbanFans.com Home Page

KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board » ON TOUR WITH KEITH URBAN » CONCERT REVIEWS » Huntsville, AL 5/30/09

- Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Huntsville, AL 5/30/09
mhughes57
Urban Crazy
Member # 9547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mhughes57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's KU tour season again and it started with a bang for me. I had a BSE and it was wonderful! The BSE setup this time is all in one room with MUCH food...grilled chicken/burgers, etc. I was too keyed up to eat but many people did enjoy the goodies! I got next to Keith again in the pic(Woo Hoo) and he chose me to ask the first question. He sang But For the Grace of God which was awesome! This just went by too fast...he's so sweet & friendly.

I can't report too much on Dierks Bently who was the opener as I missed most of it for the BSE. I had a seat on the 2nd row, middle section, side riser but during the break between Dierks & Keith, my friend brought me a ticket for the floor. Apparently, security is letting people move up to the front to stand so a whole row by my friends had emptied & I took one of those seats by them. As it turned out, I was about 5 rows back, directly in front of the middle catwalk! AWESOME! While I do think it's great that they are allowing people to move up around the stage, I also think it's the pits for someone who paid big bucks for a front row seat and then have someone just walk up from the back & stand in front of them! I guess since most people are standing anyway, this doesn't seem to be a problem (unless the person in front of you is a redwood tree w/ jazz hands in the air 100% of the time).

The show opened with Hit The Ground Running which is very appropriate! Geez, there was Keith standing right in front of me! No matter how many times you see Keith, it's always just like the first time when he walks out! I never can remember the order of the songs because I'm so engrossed in watching & taking pics that it all becomes a blur. The new screens are great and move a lot! It's hard to focus on watching them and trying to take your eyes off of Keith. During "Shirt", he proceeds down the ramp into the audience on C-Rod's side. He went up into the risers almost where I had been sitting. He played a bit there then walked the entire floor arena back up to the stage on Jerry's side. If you are on the floor, you can't see Keith at all while he's doing this! I know he went back into the audience again at some point because he ended up on the tiny backstage to sing OIAL & MMOU! There is a great variety of old songs plus about 5 from the new CD. Keith & band are top notch once again. He just leaves you wanting more & more (can we EVER get enough of him?). The introductions of the band are priceless w/ baby/childhood pics of each of them on the screen. The confetti cannons make an appearance again spewing neon pink/yellow/green slivers of paper! My camera bag was open so it's full of the confetti (I still have metallic hearts from the last tour in there too). The show ends with Better Life and the song playing in the background while they are slapping hands/throwing pics, etc. is Thank You. There are credits running on the screen which is great to acknowledge all the people who help put this event on!

This was my 13th show and it was just as good as ever! Keith is the ultimate performer and always leaves you wanting more from him! I'm always exhausted after one of his shows! The only complaint (if it's even that) is that I miss the old catwalk. The new stage is lower and the catwalk is not very long. I loved the old one that went all the way to the middle of the arena where everyone had a great view!

Well, that's my review.....5 stars***** as usual! Now on to Memphis next weekend!

--------------------
MARSHA
 -

Posts: 146 | From: Monroe, Louisiana | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
urbanqueen
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for urbanqueen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the review! [grin] Anxiously awaiting his arrival in Detroit ~ tommorrow! Woo~hoo!

--------------------
~A perfect prayer, in a desperate hour~

Depression is living in the past...Anxiety is living in the future....just BE HERE in the moment. Thanks Keith!

God bless you Keith, you rocked! 11/05/04*11/12/04*
7/08/05*11/04/05*11/05/05* 02/11/06*11/03/07*6/6/09

Posts: 1756 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-Friendly View of this Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KeithUrbanFans.com