KEITHURBANFANS.COM

Return To KeithUrbanFans.com Home Page

KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board » ON TOUR WITH KEITH URBAN » CONCERT REVIEWS » L.A (staples center) review

- Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: L.A (staples center) review
KUlover
Urban Fanatic
Member # 2486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KUlover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Iím here to give my Keith review. I went to the Sunday show in L.A. at staples. If you live in California then you know LA traffic is not fun. So since my sister in-law dropped me and my friend Kelly (who was seeing her first Keith concert!!) off that started my day off on a good note. Sadly though Sugarland had to cancel due to Jennifer Nettles vocal issues. I was looking forward to seeing them, but for me it was ALL about Keith. So instead of Sugarland we got to see Lady Antebellum. This worked out for me, because Iím actually a fan. IMO they did a good job. I really like the guy/girl harmony and how they share the vocals. The only this is that their set wasnít that long, and I didnít think it would be. I mean they only have one album (where I imagine Sugarlandís would have been longer). But all in all I enjoyed it. So did my friend by the way.

Then finally the moment I waited for arrived. Keith came on! I havenít seen Keith live since March of last year. Thatís way too long to go without seeing him IMO. So he started out with Hit the Ground Running, and he never looked back. It was amazing. He looked GOOD, he sounded GREAT and most importantly he seem truly, truly happy and at peace. We had pretty good seats, but they got even better when came down from the stage, walked around and set up a few rows in front of me!! He did a few songs from there and I was in heaven. He also ended YLGIMS in another part of the audience so that made some other people's night i'm sure. The part of the show where heís doing an amazing guitar solo, and all you see is his tricked out guitar changing colors was incredible. Before listening to Keith and going to his shows, guitars where just background sounds for me. Now I canít wait to hear solos. Keithís solos lol. He was totally in his element and it showed. Of course he did all the hits weíd expect, and a few newbies from DG. Only sad thing (and this is just me personally) is that BFTGOG is no longer in his sets. Maybe someday, but even missing one of my favorites KU songs didnít stop this from being a wonderful show. Each time I see Keith I swear he gets better and better!!

Now my friend listens to country a little and she knows who Keith is, but before that night she wouldnítí have said she was a fan. Well about three songs in she turned to me and said ď I think I have a new favoriteĒ!!! I was so thrilled. It makes me so happy when I take someone new to Keithís shows and they get it. They start to see why I listen to his music non stop, why I make sure I see him every time he comes to town, why IMO heís the best. Some people I know say ďOh Iíve heard his musicĒ and they think they know what a concert of his will be like. I try to tell them seeing Keith live is like nothing else. In fact there was this lady behind me only bought the ticket to see Sugarland, Keith was just a bonus. She stayed and she enjoyed Lady A. While waiting we started talking and she mentioned that she knew Keithís music, but hadnít seen him live before. I told her that she was in store for something great. Well she stayed and I was right. She was up standing and clapping along with everyone else.

As you might tell it was a great night. If youíve seen him already this year, then you know what Iím talking about. If you getting ready to see him, youíre in for a treat. If youíre not sure about seeing him for any reason, let me assure you heís worth the price of admission and you wonít regret it!! Keith Urban concerts are the best. The only bad thing is that when itís over, the Keith withdrawals start lol. Oh well thatís what iPods are for, right LOL!!!!!!!!

--------------------
~~ NIKKI~~

Posts: 538 | From: California | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suburbanite
Urban Fanatic
Member # 3775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suburbanite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your review, Nikki! We saw KU twice last week and we see him in Sacramento this week, too. We've never done 3 shows in a week and it is wild. On the freeway in Fresno, we saw him on his bus and he waved back at us! Soooo cool of him!
Posts: 934 | From: Northern California | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terrilynn
Guitar Monkey
Member # 6687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terrilynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing review Nikki.Suburbanite that is aussome. [smile]

--------------------
06/04/05*8/17/07*04/09/08
 -

Posts: 5422 | From: maryland | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-Friendly View of this Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KeithUrbanFans.com