KEITHURBANFANS.COM

Return To KeithUrbanFans.com Home Page

KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board » ON TOUR WITH KEITH URBAN » CONCERT REVIEWS » Louisville, KY - August 22, 2009

- Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Louisville, KY - August 22, 2009
keico2431
Urban Crazy
Member # 9929

Icon 3 posted      Profile for keico2431     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Left a lot later than we originally planned. We were stuck in horrendous Fair traffic for two hours on an exit about three-tenths of a mile from the gate entrance. It took us about 10 minutes longer to get off the exit than it did for the whole trip there! Surprisingly, we had no trouble finding a super close parking spot! Keith said he didn't get to ride his motorcycle because he didn't think he would make it back in time to do his show because of the traffic jams! We missed the Opener, Pat Green, and took our seats just minutes before Keith took the stage.

I took my cousin with me, who is 60-years old and has never been to any type of concert ever before. It was so much fun to watch her come to life with each and every song that Keith did. He brought an 8-year old boy up on stage named Matthew from Kentucky. Keith said he had a sign that said I want to play "Kiss A Girl" on guitar with you. He had his own guitar so, why not? Matthew said he has been playing guitar for three years. He kept up with Keith on the guitar and sang a little also. Matthew was really quite good not to mention adorable! It was such a Keith-like moment and I am sure Matthew will talk about it for many many years to come.

I had floor seats close to the small stage. I was in the aisle seat and not really sure if Keith would come close to me. Several women started climbing over chairs and running to get back to where I was. Security literally pushed them and made them go back to their seats! When I saw Security asking people to move out of the aisle, I knew then that Keith would come past me. I DID gently TOUCH his neck right above the shirt collar and down to his elbow! Quite a moment for me to say the least! I had front row, dead center to the stage seats in Cincinnati, but I enjoyed my seats in Louisville so much better. In Cincinnati I had never had floor seats before or even been that close to Keith Urban! I was watching his dancing feet, swinging hips, fingers flying on the guitar, singing and smiling gorgeous lips, sparkling eyes, hair flipping and it was just too much to take in all at once that close up. I was mesmerized and definitely overwhelmed with emotion! Last night in Louisville, I got to take all of it in and just have a ball and let Keith and his music flow in and around me. I stood and danced the whole two hours and I am so tired today, but is was SO worth it.

Keith didn't showcase Jerry Flowers last night, but he did Chris McHugh and I don't remember him showcasing Chris M. in Cincinnati. It was cool to see photos of Chris as a little boy and teen. He was wicked good on the drums last night. Keith was on fire and the band was crazy good, and I had the best time ever! As we were leaving Freedom Hall, fire trucks pulled up and the firemen went inside the arena. Don't know what happened but they were making people get out of the building so, I imagine Keith didn't sell many t-shirts after the concert!

We did finally get to take in a little of the fair after the concert at 11:00 p.m. We saw a Country Music Band and they were playing a Keith Urban song when we walked up! We walked around for a bit. I got a brat with Grilled Sauerkraut, Grilled Onions, and Grilled Green Bell Peppers on it, and it was $7.00 worth of YUM! Of course today, my tummy doesn't feel so good! I think I need a Tums! lol

Keith was on fire last night and the guys in the band were great as usual! They were all having so much fun! Keith loved Louisville and we loved him right back. The arena wasn't sold out but we were a deafening loud, fun-lovin' and most appreciative group! Today is my 60th Birthday so, I celebrated with Keith last night! The trip home was smooth sailing without any traffic or problems whatsoever! Thank you Mr. Keith Urban for such an aussome evening, and I cannot wait to do it all again in 2010 if not sooner! Sorry, I didn't take any photos!

While we were stuck in the 2-hour traffic jam, she started noticing license plates. She saw several plates from Indiana and was amazed that people would drive from another state to a concert! I told her that people drive and fly from all over our nation to see Keith not to mention the International Fans that come to see him! I cracked up when she said, "And I thought we were doing something driving 2 hours from Northern Kentucky south to another city in Kentucky!" Too too funny!

--------------------
Indianapolis - 11/08/07
Lexington - 04/26/08
Indianapolis - 09/13/08
Cincinnati - 06/05/09
Louisville - 08/22/09
Cincinnati - 08/11/11

Posts: 472 | From: N. KY | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GailInVA
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GailInVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the great review. I really enjoyed it. Glad you had such a wonderful time!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2109 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-Friendly View of this Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KeithUrbanFans.com