KEITHURBANFANS.COM

Return To KeithUrbanFans.com Home Page

KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board » ON TOUR WITH KEITH URBAN » CONCERT REVIEWS » KEITH AT HOME IN NASHVILLE!!!

- Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KEITH AT HOME IN NASHVILLE!!!
monkeyhugsdeb
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkeyhugsdeb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHAT A MAGICAL NIGHT IT WAS ON SATURDAY WHEN KEITH PLAYED HIS HOMETOWN. THE EXCITEMENT WAS SO THICK IN THE AIR YOU COULD FEEL IT FROM THE TIME YOU ARRIVED ANYWHERE AROUND THE SOMMET CENTER.

SUGARLAND WAS GREAT AND HAD US PRIMED AND READY FOR THE MAIN EVENT.

WHEN KEITH CAME OUT IT WAS THE LOUDEST SCREAMS AND ROARS I THINK I HAVE EVER HEARD AT ONE OF HIS CONCERTS....EVERYBODY WAS UP AND SINGING AND DANCING AND JUST HAVE A GREAT TIME WATCHING THIS AMAZING PERFORMER IN FRONT OF US. I NOTICED ALL THE NEW GUITARS AND THOUGHT HOW WONDERFUL FOR HIM TO BE ABLE TO BUY THOSE AND PLAY THOSE BEAUTIFUL GUITARS AND BRING US ALL SUCH JOY BY WATCHING HIM. I WAS JUST SO THRILLED FOR HIM THINKING BACK TO YEARS AGO WHEN HE WOULDN'T HAVE FILLED UP ONE OF THE SMALL CLUBS AROUND DOWNTOWN AND NOW LOOK AT HIM HE HAS HOW MANY THOUSANDS??? IN THE PALM OF HIS HAND....I WAS THINKING ABOUT HOW DEEPLY GRATIFYING IT MUST BE FOR HIM AND AT THE SAME TIME HOW GRATEFUL HE MUST BE.

HIS VOICE WAS PERFECTION....HIS GUITAR PLAYING WAS BEYOND WORDS....HIS CHARISMA WITH THE AUDIENCE IS THE BEST THERE IS....THERE IS NO BETTER!!!!
DID I MENTION HIS LOOKS? YES HE IS GOOD LOOKING BUT THERE IS SOMETHING ELSE GOING ON WITHIN HIM AND YOU CAN JUST SEE THE CONTENTMENT, THE JOY, THE PEACE WITHIN HIM AND IT JUST MAKES MY HEART FULL OF JOY FOR HIM. I SO HAPPY FOR HIM AND THE LIFE HE HAS FOUND, WHAT A BLESSING TO SEE THIS AND FEEL IT.

WHEN WE GOT TO OUR FLOOR SEATS I NOTICED WHERE THE SMALLER STAGE WAS AND I ASKED THE USHER IF WE WERE ALLOWED TO GO THERE WHEN KEITH STARTED OFF LARGE STAGE AND HE SAID YES BUT THEN YOU HAVE TO RETURN TO YOUR SEAT, NO PROBLEM. WELL I NOTICED SHORTLY AFTER THAT THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE CROWDING AROUND THE SMALL STAGE AND SO I TOLD THE USHER "I FOLLOWED YOUR RULES AND LOOK WHERE IT IS GETTING ME AND HE SAID I HAVE TO GET SOME HELP HERE TO CLEAR THESE PEOPLE OUT BUT YOU CAN COME WHEN HE STARTS OFF STAGE" HUM? I THOUGHT THERE WILL BE NO WAY I WILL BE ABLE TO GET TO STAGE WITH ALL THESE PEOPLE ALREADY THERE. THEN ABOUT 10 MINUTES LATER I LOOK BACK AND THEY ARE ALL GONE, THE USHERS MADE THEM GO BACK TO THEIR SEATS TILL KEITH ACTUALLY STARTED TO COME THERE SO I WAS VERY PLEASED THAT THE USHER MADE EVERYONE GO BY THE RULES. ANYWAY ONCE I SAW KEITH HEADING OFF THE STAGE WE HEADED TO SMALL STAGE WHICH WAS VERY CLOSE TO US AND I GOT TO THE STEPS KINDA WEDGED IN BETWEEN THE STEPS AND STAGE SO WHEN HE CAME UP THE STEP I GAVE THE PAT ON THE SHOULDER AND THEN WHEN HE GOT ON STAGE HE WENT AROUND DOING THE HAND THING AND I GRABBED HIS FINGER AND COULD JUST FEEL THE SWEAT COMING OFF OF HIM....HUM....NEW PERFUME...LOL!!! OF COURSE IT WAS AMAZNG BEING ONLY A FEW FEET FROM HIM PERFORMING....I WAS IN ANOTHER WORLD BUT I DID MANAGE TO GET SOME PRETTY DECENT PICS....THEN IT ENDED ALL TOO SOON AND HE HEADED DOWN THE STEPS AND I RUBBED HIS ARM AS HE WAS IN FRONT OF ME AND MY GOSH I COULD HAVE BOTTLED THAT SWEAT AND SOLD ON EBAY...LOL!!!

I THOUGHT
"WHY DOES HE DO THIS TO ME?"

"WHY DO I FEEL LIKE I CAN JUST REACH OUT AND TOUCH HIM?"

"WHY DO I NOT HOLD BACK?"

HUM....I THINK IT IS BECAUSE KEITH IS APPROACHABLE...HE WAS SMILING THE ENTIRE CONCERT...HE WAS SMILING AS MUCH WHEN HE WAS WALKING AROUND THE ENTIRE FLOOR AREA TO GET THERE AND THEN FROM THERE BACK TO THE STAGE AS ANY OTHER TIME....HE WAS TRUELY LOVING THE CONTACT HE WAS HAVING WITH HIS FANS AND HE DOESN'T WANT ANYONE TO FEEL LEFT OUT...THAT IS WHY I FEEL LIKE IT IS OK TO TOUCH HIM, TO PAT HIS BACK, TO HOLD ONTO HIS HAND.

MOST OF YOU KNOW I'M A FAN FROM BACK IN 2002 AND I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THERE IS NO BETTER ENTERTAINER THAN KEITH URBAN AND I'M HERE TO TELL YOU THAT HE ONLY GETS BETTER AND BETTER AND I WONDER....HOW DOES HE GET BETTER WHEN HE IS THE BEST??? HE IS CONSTANTLY IMPROVING ON EVERYTHING HE DOES....I'M SO PROUD TO BE A KEITH URBAN FAN!!!!

THANKS KEITH FOR ANOTHER GREAT CONCERT!!! I THINK IT WAS MY 35th!!! OMG...I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! I REMEMBER MEETING RHONDA AT MY FIRST KU CONCERT AND SHE SAID SHE HAD SEEN HIM LIKE 4 TIMES AND I WAS THINKING, WHY???? HOW FUNNY [wink]

MONKEYHUGS,
DEB

GOING TO TRY TO POST SOME OF MY PICS BUT HAVEN'T DONE IT IN SO LONG I DON'T KNOW IF I REMEMBER HOW TO.....

--------------------
 -
Backstage at Opry 9/27/08.

I am not what I ought to be.
I am not what I hope to be.
But still, I am not what I used to be.
And, by the grace of God, I am what I am.

Posts: 5840 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bazfromboise
Urban Fan
Member # 4379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bazfromboise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Deb for your great review..i have a story of my own to tell..last night my daughter (17) said, mom i need to talk to you..i immdiately thought, here we go, again...she said i have a surprise for you..i have been working hard all summer, and have been saving my money to take you to see keith in salt lake city..she wanted it to be a surprise, but wasnt' sure how to go about purchasing them etc..i was stunned..and so grateful that she would do such a thing..my bday isn't until october, and keith isn't coming to idaho, so the closest for us is salt lake..i went on-line, and found 2 great seats and a hotel room, and we are driving on wed to see him...she will miss a day of school, but who cares..these moments in life don't come along very often..i know how you feel about keith..i have been a fan for years, haven't been to 35 concerts, this will be my 9th..and i took my daughter, son, and a friend to see him in sacramento in july..he was fantastic, as we all know..and i think maybe my daughter has caught the "keith" bug..i can't wait to see him again, and spend some quality time with my daughter..did i mention she's 17..how many 17 year old's want to hang with their mom??? It should be a blast...
Posts: 84 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GailInVA
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GailInVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great review Deb, thanks. I completely agree with you on "the contentment, the joy, the peace"...you can see it in his face and you could hear it in his voice in the interviews on Nashville radio the other day. I am so happy for him!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2109 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monkeyhugsdeb
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkeyhugsdeb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
baz.....have a great time seeing Keith Wednesday....what a thoughtful wonderful daughter you have!!!! I know it will be a cherished memory forever.

--------------------
 -
Backstage at Opry 9/27/08.

I am not what I ought to be.
I am not what I hope to be.
But still, I am not what I used to be.
And, by the grace of God, I am what I am.

Posts: 5840 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bazfromboise
Urban Fan
Member # 4379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bazfromboise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much...i can't wait..
Posts: 84 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aussie-Nel
Urban Fanatic
Member # 11454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aussie-Nel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deb thanks for the review - sounds like it was a great concert and I so agree with you that Keith is the best there is. I saw tonite Keiths interview on Headline Country and I agree with you that he is in a state of gratitude and balance and that is amazing - he has a glow about him that is hypnotic to say the least. I am so reminded of the thought that I have had that with keiths music I am home. I think the reason he gets better each time is that he is obviously on this life journey and he is taking us all with him and I for one am so glad

I cant wait till December when he comes home to us Aussies

--------------------
Cheers
Nel

'Everybody needs somebody sometime'

'I'd be lost but for the Grace Of God'

'Think I got it right this time'

Posts: 577 | From: Sydney Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Krz4ku1967
Urban Fan
Member # 18503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krz4ku1967     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much for the terrific review! I'm seeing Keith in Portland this Friday and have been waiting impatiently for months! Sounds like you had a terrrific time. Like you, I am so proud to be a Keith fan and so grateful to have this man's beautiful music in my life! I've never loved an artist like I love Keith - he's the absolute, aussome BEST!

Lots of love,

--------------------
KeithsKris

Posts: 76 | From: Bend, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-Friendly View of this Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KeithUrbanFans.com