KEITHURBANFANS.COM

Return To KeithUrbanFans.com Home Page

KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board » ON TOUR WITH KEITH URBAN » THE ROCKIN' KU BAND » The 2nd Official Chris Rodriguez Thread (Page 1)

- Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  38  39  40   
Author Topic: The 2nd Official Chris Rodriguez Thread
*LORI*
Guitar Monkey
Member # 957

Icon 4 posted      Profile for *LORI*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since we maxed out the first, here goes round 2!!!

Beggars Paradise was released in early 1999. If he interests you and you do some searching there are some great reviews and articles out there. Here is just a sample from Christianmusictoday.com from 1999:

'Beggar's Paradise is that rare combination of fresh energy and seasoned insight. As a singer and guitarist, Chris had the chops to cut an impressive disc years ago, but waiting until now(1999) enabled him to add a depth of lyrical reflection that can only come with time. By flowing a deep testimony of faith into the upbeat, pop-oriented, Beatlesque style he has embraced since childhood, Chris defines a style that is both personal and commercial, accessible to the broad market yet especially meaningful to his fellow believers.

"I'm an unabashed lover of pop music," he laughs. "I love three-minute guitar songs that get to the point. I guess that goes back to the Beatles around '65, when songs had no fat and everything was completely tight. The guitar tone throughout the album comes from Hendrix, who was a huge influence, but the way my chord changes go is very White Album or Abbey Road."

Evidence of this approach colors every track, from the chamber-like balladry and string quartet texturing of "Magdelena" to "Mercy Day," whose gentle but persistent harmonic hook echoes the best of McCartney's work. But there's a rougher energy elsewhere, such as on "Your Love," a Hendrix-like ballad that's seared by Chris' burning Stratocaster lines and riveting, emotional vocal. "You get all of Chris in that song," he admits. "If I emerge anywhere on the record as someone who can belt, you hear it there." '

-

LORI

--------------------
 -

"Be Good To Each Other" ~ Keith Urban

Posts: 5178 | From: Smithfield, VA | Registered: Feb 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
*LORI*
Guitar Monkey
Member # 957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *LORI*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Admins--PLEASE give us a couple of days to save some of the stuff from the other thread before its deleted due to its size.

THANK YOU!

LORI

--------------------
 -

Posts: 5178 | From: Smithfield, VA | Registered: Feb 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
lakemom
Urban Fanatic
Member # 3092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lakemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man, this will be deleted soon!!! Bummer! I thought we could at least get to 1000 posts. [sad]

Sherri

[ 10-20-2006, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: VaUrbanfan ]

--------------------
Sherri

Posts: 1111 | From: Virginia | Registered: Sep 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
iluvchris
Urban Crazy
Member # 9942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iluvchris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Lori for getting this thread going!! Let me know if you need any help with going through the pages!!!

You are awesome!

Dani

Posts: 117 | From: new york city | Registered: Jan 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
seminolegirl
Urban Fan
Member # 8138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seminolegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Our love for Chris Rodriguez broke the internet! [rotfl] [hyper]

No, seriously, thanks for getting us going again, LORI. We know we can always count on you! [wink]

Posts: 98 | From: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: Sep 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
oneofeach
Guitar Monkey
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneofeach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for getting us started Miss Lori!

[ 10-22-2006, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: oneofeach ]

Posts: 2008 | Registered: Feb 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
lindaloo
Urban Crazy
Member # 5257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lindaloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just turned on CMT Canada, and Once in a lifetime just started. Chris is SO SO cute in that video isn't he?? Wow! I'm sure you can agree with me Lori?
Posts: 229 | Registered: May 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
EARTHMOM
Urban Fan
Member # 8344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EARTHMOM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got back from CT and I couldn't figure out what was up at 1st!
WOW...so does this mean that we almost blew up the server?

Where's Sexual Chocolate? Girl, we've GOT to talk!

And Lori...thanks for the "heads up". I hope one day to meet you.

--------------------
RUBEE
2009 KURT
WASHINGTON, DC
HERSHEY, PA
ROANOKE, VA
7 SHOWS IN '07/3 SHOWS IN '08
8 SHOWS IN '05/6 SHOWS IN '06

Posts: 95 | From: Maryland, via Zamunda | Registered: Oct 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
*LORI*
Guitar Monkey
Member # 957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *LORI*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We know that when Chris is not with Keith on the road he sometimes is with Kenny Loggins (and has been for YEARS). This is a review from 9/15. The article in its entirety is linked but the BESTEST part to me is this:

"Celebrate Me Home," Loggins' Christmas chestnut, was highlighted by RODRIGUEZ , a Nashville session player who toured for years with Amy Grant, delivering a dazzling guitar solo he made look easy. For a few minutes, it was as if people had paid money to come hear RODRIGUEZ and not Loggins. In fact, the star of the show graciously shared the spotlight with his guitarist -- and his whole band -- more than once. Hundreds of people gave RODRIGUEZ a standing ovation for his intricate and exciting guitar work, and maybe for his gorgeous voice, too, on display throughout the evening."

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/grpress/index.ssf?/base/entertainment-2/11583320865570.xml&coll=6

LORI

--------------------
 -

*LORI*
Guitar Monkey
Member # 957

I was just over on the Kenny Loggins board and they love Chris as much as we do!! After reading some posts there it looks like (though I don't know any dates) Chris may be with Kenny for some upcoming shows. (Kenny-- PLEASE come to Virginia!!) If anybody can hit any of these, according to the reviews of Kenny's shows you would be in for a real treat and get to support Chris too. [guitarist] [love1]

LORI

--------------------
 -

Aug13
Urban Crazy
Member # 7325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aug13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys have probabaly already talked about this... but what is your favorite song off of BP?
Posts: 480 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Aug 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
*LORI*
Guitar Monkey
Member # 957

On any given day, my favorite song from BP will be different...but today if I had to pick just ONE it would be 'Valley Road'.

The moon is hanging by a thread as I stare from my kitchen
and she's holding out her hand to me
a lifeline, a chance to put things back together again
something feels right this time
A wind is moving through my soul here in this man's castle
and it's stirring up the dust and the leaves
just let it blow around, feel the breeze, hear the sound
something feels right this time

chorus:
Amen the seeds we've sown
along the valley road
are taking root at last
a house became a home
along the valley road
the storm has finally passed
all good things come flowing down
let it rain , rain all around
let it rain , rain all around our lives

My angel-girl smiles and for a while my fears are idle
and she brings a quiet peace to me
and then an arrow flies from my cherub boy's blue eyes
it hits my heart this time

chorus

The moon is back again - another day is at its end
and the walls are coming down - yeah
The only thing we need to build is love and love we will
something is right, something feels right
iI know it's right this time

chorus

The only thing we need to build is love and love we will

Thats just the most powerful line to me..I LOVE this song

LORI

--------------------
 -

oneofeach
Guitar Monkey
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneofeach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lori-
If you hear anymore about any of the dates Chris might be with Kenny PLEASE let me know. I see Kenny is in my area (count them) THREE times, and I'd love to maybe be able to catch him and of course Chris one of those times!!!!

Posts: 2008 | Registered: Feb 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
*LORI*
Guitar Monkey
Member # 957

quote:
Originally posted by oneofeach:
Lori-
If you hear anymore about any of the dates Chris might be with Kenny PLEASE let me know. I see Kenny is in my area (count them) THREE times, and I'd love to maybe be able to catch him and of course Chris one of those times!!!!

Three times, eh??? COULD BE that its time I come visit YOU!! Gotta spare bed? [grin] [razz]

It would be cool to know the exact dates Chris will be with Kenny. I'd love to catch one but with a new job and no time off for a while, I guess I better stay put for a while. But if you do catch a show--a concert call during a CRod guitar solo would be cool!! [guitarist]

LORI

--------------------
 -

*LORI*
Guitar Monkey
Member # 957

Okey Dokey, been on Kenny's site and they have 2 threads about Chris(one is about the podcast) and the other is about Chris in general....they are very nice and talk very highly of Chris and Keith...and some have mentioned visiting this site..so it SURE would be nice if some of you great photographers would repost some of your lovely Chris pics..Our old thread had a bunch of great ones--we just need to get 'em going here too!! Their thread on Chris is also 3 pages long so lets kick it up a notch so that if they DO come visit we will have some great pictures and they will kow we love him lots too!! No pressure though... [rotfl] [rotfl]

LORI

--------------------
 -

This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  38  39  40   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-Friendly View of this Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KeithUrbanFans.com