KEITHURBANFANS.COM

Return To KeithUrbanFans.com Home Page

KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board » ON TOUR WITH KEITH URBAN » THE ROCKIN' KU BAND » Brad Rice (Page 1)

- Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Brad Rice
kufan4life3
Urban Crazy
Member # 7404

Icon 4 posted      Profile for kufan4life3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay so since there isn't a thread for Brad, or SWEETB I thought I'd make one because he is sweet and AUSSOME too. Here's one of my fav pix that I took to start here...

http://www.imagestation.com/8302965/3908932535

oh yes and here's one more for now [smile]
http://www.imagestation.com/8302965/3908932496 ...he is crazy sweet when you meet him lol then again aren't they all at times? [wink]

Posts: 439 | From: Phoenix | Registered: Aug 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
keico2431
Urban Crazy
Member # 9929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keico2431     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read alot of reviews that say he is a fabulous guitarist plus an all around genuinely nice guy, a little on the shy side, but fits well with the band!

--------------------
Indianapolis - 11/08/07
Lexington - 04/26/08
Indianapolis - 09/13/08
Cincinnati - 06/05/09
Louisville - 08/22/09
Cincinnati - 08/11/11

Posts: 472 | From: N. KY | Registered: Jan 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
katie10
Urban Fan
Member # 13764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katie10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brad's awesome. I totally flipped out when I heard that he'd be going on the tour. Him and Keith are two of my favorite musicians ever! haha.

--------------------
July 3 backstage in Austin, TX!
July 5 in Houston, TX!

Posts: 90 | From: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 2007  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen
Guitar Monkey
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathleen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well with a surname like that he's OK in my book.

--------------------
 -
Atlantic City Feb15 2008, BSE

Posts: 5434 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
kufan4life3
Urban Crazy
Member # 7404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kufan4life3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by katie10:
Brad's awesome. I totally flipped out when I heard that he'd be going on the tour. Him and Keith are two of my favorite musicians ever! haha.

Where have you seen him before Keith's band? I would love to know where else he has played. [guitarist]
Posts: 439 | From: Phoenix | Registered: Aug 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
katie10
Urban Fan
Member # 13764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katie10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brad's got a solo album that's been out for awhile called "Karma Bed" and he played with The Accelerators in the late 80s/early 90s. He usually tours with Sun Volt. That's kind of a short description to say the least, but you can check out these sites for more info.

www.myspace.com/bradricemusic
www.bradrice.net
www.myspace.com/theacceleratorsnc

His solo music isn't even remotely close to Keith's, but he's played guitar on and produced some country stuff. The two songs on his MySpace page don't really give you the best idea of what the whole album sounds like... so, obviously, you should go ahead and get Karma Bed off of CD Baby or iTunes!!! [wink]

--------------------
July 3 backstage in Austin, TX!
July 5 in Houston, TX!

Posts: 90 | From: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 2007  | Report this post to a Moderator
Cris
Urban Crazy
Member # 494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keith and Brad in Milwaukee...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

--------------------
~Cris
www.myspace.com/crispaintermusic

www.myspace.com/crispainter

~Omnia Vincit Amor~

6-30-02 – Taste of Chicago
10-13-02 – Meet & Greet @ Walmart
10-14-02 – Star Plaza Theater
9-17-04 – Be Here release party
12-3-04 – Rosemont Theater
7-26-07 – Bradley Center
8-14-07 – Wachovia Arena
8-18-07 - Philadelphia

-

Posts: 449 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Aug 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Nuttygal
Urban Fan
Member # 10783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nuttygal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brad is a real sweetheart with a wicked sense of humor. Hopefully he stays with the band for a long time.
Posts: 27 | Registered: May 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
njkeithfan
Urban Newbie
Member # 10545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njkeithfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's very nice. I like that he's adjusting well to getting more attention from the fans. He came off initially reserved I thought, but looks like he's having a great time on stage.

--------------------
Philadelphia, Chicago, Atlanta (2 times)- (Alive in '05'06 - 5 times)

Posts: 13 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
NewWindBlowin'
Urban Fanatic
Member # 5226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NewWindBlowin'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brad has played with Tift Merritt, too. He was a member of Ryan Adams' band for several years (you can see videos of him playing with Ryan on Youtube if you're interested).

What with Son Volt, Tift, and Ryan, Brad was pretty much a mainstay in alt-country music before playing with Keith.

Posts: 886 | From: Minnesota | Registered: May 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam
Urban Crazy
Member # 14257

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Adam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow what a great topic!!!!

What can I say I am the biggest Brad Rice fan there is. Which is primarily because I am his nephew [smile]

-

Pics I took Wednesday night!
 -
 -

--------------------
 -
Me and Uncle Brad!

8/15/07~East Rutherford,NJ
8/18/07~Philadelphia,PA
2/14/08~Hershey,PA
2/15/08~Atlantic City,NJ
7/19/08~Philadelphia,PA
9/4/08~NYC, NFL Kickoff
4/3/09~Philadelphia,PA No Frills!
8/1/09~Philadelphia, PA
8/18/09~Hershey, PA

Posts: 180 | From: Jersey | Registered: Aug 2007  | Report this post to a Moderator
Star
Urban Fanatic
Member # 3821

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was very sweet when I got my photo with him..
[smile]

--------------------
 -

Toms River Fest-7/29/05
Irving Plaza, NY- 11/13/05
Trenton NJ- 11/17/05
Continental Arena - 8/15/07
Madison Square Garden, NY- 2/13/08
Another MSG or two~
Prudential- NJ 7/11
Wells Fargo- Philly 7/11

"We think about tomorrow then it slips away.
Oh, yes, it does.
We talk about forever but we've only got today..."
-----

Posts: 1088 | From: KeithVille, NJ - USA | Registered: Dec 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
keico2431
Urban Crazy
Member # 9929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keico2431     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the photos, Adam. Do you play guitar?

--------------------
Indianapolis - 11/08/07
Lexington - 04/26/08
Indianapolis - 09/13/08
Cincinnati - 06/05/09
Louisville - 08/22/09
Cincinnati - 08/11/11

Posts: 472 | From: N. KY | Registered: Jan 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen
Guitar Monkey
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathleen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got to meet Brad Saturday before the Philly show, at my hotel lobby, and just had to go say hi to a fellow Rice
 -

Posts: 5434 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
keico2431
Urban Crazy
Member # 9929

Adam: Does SweetB play other instruments besides the guitar? Can you fill us in on a little background of him?

--------------------
Indianapolis - 11/08/07
Lexington - 04/26/08
Indianapolis - 09/13/08
Cincinnati - 06/05/09
Louisville - 08/22/09
Cincinnati - 08/11/11

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-Friendly View of this Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KeithUrbanFans.com