KEITHURBANFANS.COM

Return To KeithUrbanFans.com Home Page

KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board » ON TOUR WITH KEITH URBAN » THE ROCKIN' KU BAND » Brad Rice (Page 3)

- Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Brad Rice
Raindancegal
Urban Fan
Member # 8717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raindancegal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
last one-

-

Posts: 49 | From: Memphis, Tennessee | Registered: Oct 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Star
Urban Fanatic
Member # 3821

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome vid's.. thanks again for sharing..
[smile]

--------------------
 -

Toms River Fest-7/29/05
Irving Plaza, NY- 11/13/05
Trenton NJ- 11/17/05
Continental Arena - 8/15/07
Madison Square Garden, NY- 2/13/08
Another MSG or two~
Prudential- NJ 7/11
Wells Fargo- Philly 7/11

"We think about tomorrow then it slips away.
Oh, yes, it does.
We talk about forever but we've only got today..."
-----

Posts: 1088 | From: KeithVille, NJ - USA | Registered: Dec 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
katie10
Urban Fan
Member # 13764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katie10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Adam:

Guitar has been his pride and joy. He was always a guitarist since he used to see my dad play when he was little. It wasn't till he joined Keith that he started with the mandolin and banjo.

I have a video for you to watch...This was from Philly Saturday night when Brad was introduced to the crowd by Keith. Keith lists everything he plays for him now [smile]

Keith Introduces Brad

Don't ya know that you're not supposed to be filming the concert, Adam? [wink] I'm only kidding, of course. I'm pretty sure they're alright with you doin' it. Haha.

I have to say that I was incredibly surprised to see Mr. Rice pick up the mandolin in Austin. I was showing David (my guitar teacher) pictures from the concert and he was pretty surprised, too. He's sort-of taught me a few songs off of your uncle's album (there's just soooo many layers and such and most of it seems to have been in-the-moment and unplanned, thus it's not something you can really recreate).

I'm pretty sure that most of the other guys in the building have heard your uncle's music by now, too. David's always yapping about my "freakishly eclectic" taste of music. [rolleyes] Then again, I'm always going crazy promoting the musicians that I listen to the most often.

ANYWAY... I suppose it's not surprising that he just started learning to play the mandolin when he started out with Urban. He's taking up Chad Jeffer's spot in some of the songs, so it's kind of necessary that he knows the mandolin, I suppose... [smile] Plus, the other music he's worked on doesn't sound anything even sort-of-kind-of close to Urban's stuff, you know? There wasn't really a need for the mandolin on Karma Bed.

--------------------
July 3 backstage in Austin, TX!
July 5 in Houston, TX!

Posts: 90 | From: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 2007  | Report this post to a Moderator
keico2431
Urban Crazy
Member # 9929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keico2431     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adam: I don't have a myspace site, but I was wondering how I can be added to your myspace to look at the pics?

--------------------
Indianapolis - 11/08/07
Lexington - 04/26/08
Indianapolis - 09/13/08
Cincinnati - 06/05/09
Louisville - 08/22/09
Cincinnati - 08/11/11

Posts: 472 | From: N. KY | Registered: Jan 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam
Urban Crazy
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should be able to view my pics on my music myspace. Try clicking here...MySpace

--------------------
 -
Me and Uncle Brad!

8/15/07~East Rutherford,NJ
8/18/07~Philadelphia,PA
2/14/08~Hershey,PA
2/15/08~Atlantic City,NJ
7/19/08~Philadelphia,PA
9/4/08~NYC, NFL Kickoff
4/3/09~Philadelphia,PA No Frills!
8/1/09~Philadelphia, PA
8/18/09~Hershey, PA

Posts: 180 | From: Jersey | Registered: Aug 2007  | Report this post to a Moderator
keico2431
Urban Crazy
Member # 9929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keico2431     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the link, Adam. Just 2 more days and it will be concert time again in St. Lake City, Utah! Woot! Woot! So looking forward to all the photos, concert reviews, and the BSE reviews!

--------------------
Indianapolis - 11/08/07
Lexington - 04/26/08
Indianapolis - 09/13/08
Cincinnati - 06/05/09
Louisville - 08/22/09
Cincinnati - 08/11/11

Posts: 472 | From: N. KY | Registered: Jan 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
keico2431
Urban Crazy
Member # 9929

Adam: Just curious as how old Brad is and how many years has he been playing guitar? I posted this before in a wrong thread so, I am posting it here again where I think you might see it!

--------------------
Indianapolis - 11/08/07
Lexington - 04/26/08
Indianapolis - 09/13/08
Cincinnati - 06/05/09
Louisville - 08/22/09
Cincinnati - 08/11/11

cap2cam
Urban Crazy
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cap2cam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking forward to seeing some new faces on the stage when KU and the Boys are in Alberta next week...I'll be sure to get some shots of Brad and will also be sure to share with all.... [wink] [wink]

--------------------
...and right now I'm right where I wanna be...I've never felt so loved, so peaceful and so free--KU

- ~Carrie~  -

Posts: 181 | From: Calgary, Alberta, CANADA | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam
Urban Crazy
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by keico2431:
Adam: Just curious as how old Brad is and how many years has he been playing guitar? I posted this before in a wrong thread so, I am posting it here again where I think you might see it!

Well he just turned 47 back in August, and as for playing guitar he's been playing most of those 47 years haha. My dad was really good guitarist and back when he started dating my mom in the early 70s when he used to go over to my mom's house back then little Brad (Brad is my mom's younger brother) would get real excited seeing my dad play and my dad taught him some stuff. That's what my dad tells me haha...My dad tried teaching me when I was real little, but I never showed any interest till about 6 years ago. I'm no where near as good as my Uncle Brad or my father but I taught myself enough these past 6 years that if I hear a song I like I can teach myself that song pretty quickly. I'm trying to learn some Keith Urban stuff but he's such a good musician and guitarist it's hard as ****. So far I can play most of Stupid Boy chords on the guitar and Faster Car on the bass haha

--------------------
 -
Me and Uncle Brad!

8/18/07~Philadelphia,PA
2/14/08~Hershey,PA
2/15/08~Atlantic City,NJ
7/19/08~Philadelphia,PA
9/4/08~NYC, NFL Kickoff
8/1/09~Philadelphia, PA
8/18/09~Hershey, PA

Posts: 180 | From: Jersey | Registered: Aug 2007  | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam
Urban Crazy
Member # 14257

quote:
Originally posted by cap2cam:
I'm looking forward to seeing some new faces on the stage when KU and the Boys are in Alberta next week...I'll be sure to get some shots of Brad and will also be sure to share with all.... [wink] [wink]

Cool cool! Well have fun and if you get any good shots post them up! [smile]

--------------------
 -
Me and Uncle Brad!

8/18/07~Philadelphia,PA
2/14/08~Hershey,PA
2/15/08~Atlantic City,NJ
7/19/08~Philadelphia,PA
9/4/08~NYC, NFL Kickoff
8/1/09~Philadelphia, PA
8/18/09~Hershey, PA

keico2431
Urban Crazy
Member # 9929

I heard Brad sang a part on "The Joker" this time instead of just playing guitar. Woot! Woot!

--------------------
Indianapolis - 11/08/07
Lexington - 04/26/08
Indianapolis - 09/13/08
Cincinnati - 06/05/09
Louisville - 08/22/09
Cincinnati - 08/11/11

keico2431
Urban Crazy
Member # 9929

I love some "Sweet B"!

--------------------
Indianapolis - 11/08/07
Lexington - 04/26/08
Indianapolis - 09/13/08
Cincinnati - 06/05/09
Louisville - 08/22/09
Cincinnati - 08/11/11

walvku
Urban Fan
Member # 3940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walvku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by keico2431:
I heard Brad sang a part on "The Joker" this time instead of just playing guitar. Woot! Woot!

HE did --portland , or. --need I say it was WILD!!!! [grin]

Carrie in Seattle

--------------------
Carrie in Seattle

Posts: 84 | From: wa. | Registered: Dec 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
keico2431
Urban Crazy
Member # 9929

Adam: You seem to resemble Brad in your photos. Since your mom is Brad's sister, I am guessing you look more like her than your dad????????

--------------------
Indianapolis - 11/08/07
Lexington - 04/26/08
Indianapolis - 09/13/08
Cincinnati - 06/05/09
Louisville - 08/22/09
Cincinnati - 08/11/11

MtlUrbanFan
Guitar Monkey
Member # 734

Icon 4 posted      Profile for MtlUrbanFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worcester,MA August 11, 2007

Click on pic to make bigger
 -  -  -

-  -

--------------------
Gaétane

-
London, Ontario 09/18/03

"What matters most is never ever losing faith" "Keep your faith alive"

Posts: 7205 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Nov 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-Friendly View of this Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KeithUrbanFans.com