KEITHURBANFANS.COM

Return To KeithUrbanFans.com Home Page

KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board » KEITH URBAN DISCUSSIONS » ALL THINGS KEITH URBAN » You Look Good In My Shirt (Page 1)

- Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: You Look Good In My Shirt
KMM121
Urban Crazy
Member # 1899

Icon 3 posted      Profile for KMM121     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, let's get this summer off in the right direction.....

Get to calling, e-mailing and contacting your radio stations and letting them know that Keith has re-recorded You Look Good In My Shirt and PLEASE, when they do receive it,would they play it and THANK YOU for their continued support.

We have to be the kind of fan we have always been and support the music we love....

Get on with the MUSIC!! [guitarist]

Posts: 345 | From: U S A | Registered: Nov 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
GailInVA
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GailInVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. Just wrote to some of mine! [guitarist]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2109 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jun 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
kerwoman
Urban Fanatic
Member # 4562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kerwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you mean he "just recorded" it? You mean its going to be released to radio?And maybe this is a different version from the original..?
Posts: 939 | From: maine | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
MtlUrbanFan
Guitar Monkey
Member # 734

Icon 2 posted      Profile for MtlUrbanFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://blog.cmt.com/2008-05-22/keith-urban-looks-good-in-his-shirt/

-
There's a rumor going around that Keith Urban is on the verge of releasing an old song of his. A song from his 2002 album, Golden Road. It's called "You Look Good in My Shirt," and is one of the songs that inspires full-on crowd frenzy when he plays it live. (That could have something to do with the fact that he usually goes on a little field trip into the seats and sings it from there ... but still.) But it really is a good light-hearted banjo song, about hooking up with an ex-girlfriend.

The Urban legend is that fans called radio request lines so much to play it back when Golden Road was out, and that he was about to release it as a single. By then, though, the Be Here album was ready. And then his hits just kept on coming. So if this new rumor is true, it makes me wonder why now? Why go back there after all these years? Maybe Urban has an intuitive side that's just telling him to give fans what they want.

Every artist has that one song that stands out during their shows: Miranda Lambert does a mean "Dry Town," Kenny Chesney pulls out his sultry side for Conway Twitty's "I'd Just Love to Lay You Down," Toby Keith has a little Middle Eastern peace tune called "The Taliban Song," and Tim McGraw pours every ounce of his appreciation for Hank Williams (and David Allan Coe) into his live version of "The Ride." Songs like those, that turn a dull applause into a cranked-up hoot and holler, might not always be cut out for radio airplay. But Urban's shirt song, if he goes ahead with the alleged plan, will climb the charts as fast as his other hits have. And who knows? It may move other artists to go back through their old albums and release the singles that never were.

--------------------
Gaétane

-
London, Ontario 09/18/03

"What matters most is never ever losing faith" "Keep your faith alive"

Posts: 7205 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Nov 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
GailInVA
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GailInVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My afternoon DJ just wrote me back and said he's heard they're getting it next week sometime! Wooohoooo!!! [guitarist] [cheering]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2109 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jun 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
MtlUrbanFan
Guitar Monkey
Member # 734

Icon 3 posted      Profile for MtlUrbanFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GailInVA:
My afternoon DJ just wrote me back and said he's heard they're getting it next week sometime! Wooohoooo!!! [guitarist] [cheering]

That's great. I can't wait to hear it. [cheering]

--------------------
Gaétane

-
London, Ontario 09/18/03

Posts: 7205 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Nov 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
MtlUrbanFan
Guitar Monkey
Member # 734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MtlUrbanFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Terri. [cheering]

--------------------
Gaétane

-
London, Ontario 09/18/03

canadakaren
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canadakaren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Yahoo! Time for me to email my local peeps I guess - it must be true! [highfive]

--------------------
 -
“To be nobody but yourself in a world that is doing its best to make you just like everybody else means to fight the greatest battle there is to fight and to never stop fighting.” — E. E. Cummings

Posts: 6755 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: May 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
lovin'keithers
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovin'keithers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
really?! wow so is it going to sound different? this is very cool, i cant wait to start hearing it on the radio! i was wondering what he would do because he doesnt have a cd coming out for awhile.

--------------------
11.9.02//7.8.04//11.19.05=FANTASTIC!
 -

Posts: 3371 | From: Virginia | Registered: Aug 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
terrilynn
Guitar Monkey
Member # 6687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terrilynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kind of an odd choice imo. But will still request.

--------------------
06/04/05*8/17/07*04/09/08
 -

Posts: 5422 | From: maryland | Registered: Jun 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
AmandaAL
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AmandaAL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't have picked a better song myself! I am so excited that he is releasing this. I just have this feeling that it is going to do SO good. It's a perfect summer song too!

--------------------
 -

Next to the girl in the cowgirl hat!
After 5 years, my time FINALLY came!! [smile]

Posts: 2028 | From: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
kerwoman
Urban Fanatic
Member # 4562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kerwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My radio station said that they have yet to release a street date but he says that he'll keep me posted>>>>Its more like I will keep him posted [grin] Up here in Maine we are the last to get the new stuff<<,Even though its not "new"
Posts: 939 | From: maine | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
kurbanfanmd
Urban Crazy
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kurbanfanmd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am way way way excited for this! It's the perfect summer song and sure to be a hit [smile]

--------------------
Kim

Posts: 133 | From: Odenton, Maryland | Registered: Jun 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
TUCK
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TUCK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
My afternoon DJ just wrote me back and said he's heard they're getting it next week sometime! Wooohoooo!!! :guitarist: :cheering:

Oh my goodness! I am so excited! That is a hot steamy sexy song! In other words it is SO KEITH!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2371 | From: Weirton, West Virginia | Registered: May 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
sittinheredreamn
Urban Fanatic
Member # 1986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sittinheredreamn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woohoo! It's kind of like the old days are coming back (for a little while anyway). [cheering]

Can't wait to hear it!! [hyper]

Posts: 1087 | Registered: Dec 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-Friendly View of this Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KeithUrbanFans.com