KEITHURBANFANS.COM

Return To KeithUrbanFans.com Home Page

KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board » KEITH URBAN DISCUSSIONS » ALL THINGS KEITH URBAN » You Look Good In My Shirt (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: You Look Good In My Shirt
GailInVA
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GailInVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little more good news about the live DVD below too. [joy]

Keith Urban's 'You Look Good In My Shirt' Looking Good To Radio

Nashville, TN. (Top40 Charts/ Keith Urban Official Website) - "Over the years it ("Shirt") has always played like a hit song," said Urban. "That, combined with numerous requests from both fans and radio about why it was never a single, inspired us to get back into the studio and re-record the song."
"You Look Good In My Shirt" first appeared on Urban's breakout 3x platinum recording Golden Road. But plans to release the song as that CD's 5th single were scrapped when "Days Go By," the first single from the follow up CD Be Here was ready.
That song proved to be another of Urban's No 1s.

"Shirt's" catchy guitar riff, blazing solo and anthemic vocals are never more apparent than during a Keith Urban concert, which presented a challenge during the re-recording process. "The trick for this song was to bring all of the live energy to the new recording," added Urban. "I think that we accomplished that and I'm glad that we finally have the opportunity to give everyone what they've been asking for."

The song is set to hit radio airwaves next week as a pre-cursor to the as-of-yet untitled "Love, Pain & the whole crazy World Tour" concert DVD release this Fall. Urban is currently writing for a new CD to hit sometime in '09.
For more official Keith Urban news and information go to www.keithurban.net

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2109 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jun 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
urbangirl20030
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for urbangirl20030     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info Gail. I can't wait to hear the new re-recorded version of this song! Also, that new DVD can't get here soon enough for me! [hyper] [thankyou]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 3608 | From: Petaluma, Ca | Registered: Oct 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
AmandaAL
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AmandaAL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info, Gail! I am looking so forward to hearing YLGIMS on the radio. It's the perfect summer song! Definitely can't wait for that DVD to come out either.

--------------------
 -

Next to the girl in the cowgirl hat!
After 5 years, my time FINALLY came!! [smile]

Posts: 2028 | From: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
KMM121
Urban Crazy
Member # 1899

Icon 3 posted      Profile for KMM121     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info....now off to my radio stations to keep them informed. They wonder how long my hubby will let me wear this Keith Urban Shirt and Hat, and of course carry that sign around "Listen to Keith Urban's new single, You Look Good in My Shirt" LOL!! [hyper]
Posts: 345 | From: U S A | Registered: Nov 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
lovekeith56
Urban Fan
Member # 11213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovekeith56     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i e-mailed my radio station yesterday and when i checked my e-mail this morning, he replied that he would look into it before going off the air at 3.

--------------------
Brittany Weddle

Posts: 58 | From: riverview MI | Registered: Aug 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
country422
Urban Crazy
Member # 14805

Icon 1 posted      Profile for country422     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's like the ultimate song for summer... can't wait

--------------------
 -
thanks to Favre. it's awsome

8/15- first keith urban show... it's changed my life

8/15/07- East rutherford, NJ
2/15/08 - floor 8 baby
(12/8/07. RIP NALA)

Posts: 327 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2007  | Report this post to a Moderator
MtlUrbanFan
Guitar Monkey
Member # 734

Icon 3 posted      Profile for MtlUrbanFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adds date: June 2nd [cheering]

The song will be added very soon to their website (www.musicrow.com)

-

--------------------
Gaétane

-
London, Ontario 09/18/03

"What matters most is never ever losing faith" "Keep your faith alive"

Posts: 7205 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Nov 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
MtlUrbanFan
Guitar Monkey
Member # 734

Icon 3 posted      Profile for MtlUrbanFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listen to the song... scroll down the page

http://www.countryondemand.com/

--------------------
Gaétane

-
London, Ontario 09/18/03

"What matters most is never ever losing faith" "Keep your faith alive"

Posts: 7205 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Nov 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
urbangirl67
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for urbangirl67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANK YOU, Gaetane...you made my day!! I LOVE THIS SONG and can't wait to hear it on the radio!!! [cheering] [guitarist]

Julie

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1867 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
GailInVA
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GailInVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, it sounds GREAT! I hope I don't get a speeding ticket when I listen to that in my car! [guitarist] [cheering]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2109 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jun 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
canadakaren
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canadakaren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!

[highfive]

--------------------
 -
“To be nobody but yourself in a world that is doing its best to make you just like everybody else means to fight the greatest battle there is to fight and to never stop fighting.” — E. E. Cummings

Posts: 6755 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: May 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
AmandaAL
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AmandaAL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heck yeah!! It sounds amazing!! Thank you so much for that!

--------------------
 -

Next to the girl in the cowgirl hat!
After 5 years, my time FINALLY came!! [smile]

Posts: 2028 | From: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
canadakaren
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canadakaren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay I think I figured it out!!! ... remember how we got the live Better Life Video as a pre-curser to the LRN DVD in summer 2005 ... weeeeeeeeeeeell [joy] ... why do I think that might happen with YLGIMS too .. that IT will be done as a preview for the LP DVD ... I am REALLY hoping that my guess / thought is true! [highfive]

--------------------
 -
“To be nobody but yourself in a world that is doing its best to make you just like everybody else means to fight the greatest battle there is to fight and to never stop fighting.” — E. E. Cummings

Posts: 6755 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: May 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
urbangirl67
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for urbangirl67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you are right on, Karen!! [nod]

http://www.countryondemand.com/news/2008/05/keith-urban-releases-new-single-for-dvd.shtml

Julie [smile]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1867 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
sittinheredreamn
Urban Fanatic
Member # 1986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sittinheredreamn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the link Gaetane! Loved hearing it!! [joy]
Posts: 1087 | Registered: Dec 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-Friendly View of this Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KeithUrbanFans.com