KEITHURBANFANS.COM

Return To KeithUrbanFans.com Home Page

KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board » KEITH URBAN DISCUSSIONS » ALL THINGS KEITH URBAN » name question (Page 1)

- Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: name question
mckara
Urban Fanatic
Member # 5083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mckara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know it's now the "thing" to do, but just curious what everyone thinks of Kidman-Urban. I personally would have just rather her name be Sunday Rose Urban. Please don't jump me, I was just curious what the thoughts were. I'm just a little old fashion and don't personally like hypenated names. JMO What's the thought? Just curious. [smile]

--------------------
 -

Tom's River July 29, 2005
Merriweather August 7, 2005

Posts: 779 | From: Delaware | Registered: Apr 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
kerwoman
Urban Fanatic
Member # 4562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kerwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I wondered about that too.I also was thinking where does Rose come from??
Sunday I have a descent idea of .I dont know why it would be hyphenated.Mutual decision,Im sure.
Do I like it? hmmm..Their last names are kinda similar so maybe combine them and it could be something like Manurban...lol or Kidban..hahaha!!
Who knows the child could get tired of writing it so when she's old enough she'll be known as Sunday Rose. (Its better then Monday Morning Daffodil!! hahahaha!) I still love you KEITH!!! and the names is actually beautiful [cheering]

Posts: 939 | From: maine | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
chelsea
Urban Fanatic
Member # 2480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chelsea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Nicole's older kids are Kidman-Cruise, so it'll be good for them to have that connection to their baby sister. Also, Nicole has a sister, no brothers, so maybe she wanted to carry on the Kidman name?

--------------------
Dallas, TX 10-16-2004
Oklahoma City, OK 03-10-2005
Twin Lakes, WI 07-19-2006
Chicago, IL 11-16-2007
Peoria, IL 4-22-2008

Posts: 1107 | From: Midwest | Registered: May 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
kerwoman
Urban Fanatic
Member # 4562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kerwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah but when her older children are being referred to usually they just say Cruise.So that may be the same for the new addition to the Kidman clan.Shell be known as Sunny Urban or something like that. [guitarist]
Posts: 939 | From: maine | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
numberonefan
Urban Crazy
Member # 14666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for numberonefan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rose is Keiths gramas name,the Sunday is no doubt a personal choice between the two of them,but if you reverse it to be Rose Sunday-that has a spiritual meaning.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 102 | Registered: Oct 2007  | Report this post to a Moderator
kerwoman
Urban Fanatic
Member # 4562

quote:
Originally posted by numberonefan:
Rose is Keiths gramas name,the Sunday is no doubt a personal choice between the two of them,but if you reverse it to be Rose Sunday-that has a spiritual meaning.

Yes!!!!! I knew that about grammy.Call me stupid!!! I dont know what I was thinking......guess I wasn't, huh....ha-ha.
Do you know which side was grammy? (not that it matters...I just thought that I would ask)

mckara
Urban Fanatic
Member # 5083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mckara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I guess as long as "her brother" that comes along will be Urban so that Keith's name is also carried on, I don't care. Personally I would rather she just be known as Sunday Urban. Guess I'm just old fashioned. LOL (but I guess Nic feels she's done all the work in getting her here, maybe she SHOULD have some part of her last name. LOL) [wink]

--------------------
 -

Tom's River July 29, 2005
Merriweather August 7, 2005

Posts: 779 | From: Delaware | Registered: Apr 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
urbanfan81805
Guitar Monkey
Member # 11225

Icon 1 posted      Profile for urbanfan81805     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the name Sunday Rose I think it's very beautiful for a girl. I think it suits her well.

--------------------
~Stephanie~
 -
Thanks Emma!
8/18/05- Sedalia, MO
2/2/06- Tulsa, OK
6/28/07- St Louis, MO (CA)
3/5/08- Kansas City, MO (BSE)
8/8/09- Kansas City, MO

Posts: 1748 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
Katy909
Urban Crazy
Member # 4870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katy909     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thoughts are that whatever name Keith and Nicole chose for their daughter is perfect.

--------------------
Just hold on tight now baby......KU
Everybody's looking for what we found......OIAL

Posts: 222 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
urbanfan74
Guitar Monkey
Member # 35

Icon 2 posted      Profile for urbanfan74     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Katy909:
My thoughts are that whatever name Keith and Nicole chose for their daughter is perfect.

The thoughts in my head and my heart agree with your thoughts Katy909.
Posts: 1502 | From: Florida | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Caroline Davis
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caroline Davis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the perfect name for her. [blushie]

--------------------
The love we give away is truly the love we shall keep.

Posts: 3345 | From: florida | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
pattyz
Urban Fanatic
Member # 8530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pattyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
copied this from country weekly's msg. board

Secret of Nicole Kidman baby Sunday Rose revealed
By Sarah Grant and Marcus Casey
July 09, 2008 120am

NICOLE Kidman's father yesterday solved the mystery behind his newborn granddaughter's name, revealing it was inspired by Australian artist Sidney Nolan's muse Sunday Reed.

While the world's media puzzled over Kidman and her country husband Keith Urban's unusual choice of name for their baby Sunday Rose Kidman Urban, Antony Kidman revealed he and his wife had suggested it.

"There was a lady named Sunday Reed who was a prominent patron of the arts in Victoria," Dr Kidman said from his practice in Lane Cove.

"I have read a bit about Sunday Reed and her husband John - she was a key mover and shaker in the arts around the beginning of the century. The name Sunday struck me as being a nice name for a woman, so my wife and I mentioned it."

--------------------
 -

Posts: 832 | From: Bensalem, Pa | Registered: Oct 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
country422
Urban Crazy
Member # 14805

Icon 1 posted      Profile for country422     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i tell my mom, and she goes "so that's why your livign on a high"and than she asks her name, and i tell her and she says "WHO NAMES THEIR KID SUNDAY?" i think it's the most original, crateive,keith likely name

--------------------
 -
thanks to Favre. it's awsome

8/15- first keith urban show... it's changed my life

8/15/07- East rutherford, NJ
2/15/08 - floor 8 baby
(12/8/07. RIP NALA)

Posts: 327 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2007  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kuchowgal
Urban Crazy
Member # 14392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kuchowgal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by country422:
i tell my mom, and she goes "so that's why your livign on a high"and than she asks her name, and i tell her and she says "WHO NAMES THEIR KID SUNDAY?" i think it's the most original, crateive,keith likely name

My mom said that too. lol. I like the name though. It's pretty.

Jess [guitarist]

--------------------
 -
Siggy By: ChrissyMarie
6/17/05 Atl Music Mid-town(lost Urban Virginity)
8/30/06 Atl Fox Theatre
6/30/07 Atl Phillips Arena
4/24/08 The Arena @ Gwinnett Center
6/13/09 Atl Phillips Arena
8/04/11 The Arena @ Gwinnett Center
7/27/13 Verizon Wireless Amphitheater (met Keith!!!)
8/24/14 Verizon Wireless Amphitheater

Posts: 134 | From: McDonough, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2007  | Report this post to a Moderator
keiths little deb
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keiths little deb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of times if there's not a male in the family to carry on the name a daughter will name her child with the hyphenenated name to carry on the family name. I think it's a nice tribute. My daughter has two middle names. Her middle names are both of her great grandmother's middle names. There is a tradition in my father's family for the oldest daughter to be given the middle name Elizabeth. My aunt didn't carry on that tradition, so I picked it up again. I love the thought of my daughter being named after her great grandmothers. They were both very special people.

--------------------
 -

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Posts: 4337 | Registered: Feb 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-Friendly View of this Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KeithUrbanFans.com