KEITHURBANFANS.COM

Return To KeithUrbanFans.com Home Page

KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board » KEITH URBAN DISCUSSIONS » ALL THINGS KEITH URBAN » YouTube clips / Answering inquiries (Page 1)

- Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: YouTube clips / Answering inquiries
tbku
Urban Fanatic
Member # 3840

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tbku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been getting PMs and e-mails inquiring about my YouTube clips and where they went. And then today, I was given this link on MVille:

http://monkeyville.keithurban.net/site.php?&content=board&com=board&brd=topic_232946

I'm not a member there (never have been on NKU).
This is the only KU fan board that I've kept my membership active on.

I thought I'd address the inquires all at once this way and if anyone here is a member and willing to post this on MV for me, I'd appreciate it.

I'm not a member of Monkeyville (never was on NKU).

In regard to my YouTube being closed - it looks like my account was closed and all my videos removed because of having the Crossroads clips posted. YouTube sent me 1 email saying that the "Centerfield" clip had been reported to them for copyright violation. They have a "3 strikes and you're closed" policy, so since I had more than one clip, I am only guessing (since they didn't tell me) that it was my 3 strikes and they closed my account and removed ALL of my video clips.

It still seems somewhat odd since you can right now search and find several of the Crossroads clips still on YouTube.

I wish that they had just removed the clips they deemed in violation and kept the others, but that's not the case. I'm totally confused as to why some people can have concert clips they took up and some others not.

Oh well, someone in the KU camp must think this is best, to have LESS of him out there for the fans - I don't agree or understand - especially when it was mostly the older, historical stuff of the past.

Thanks for your help, if no one wishes to post it there - there will be NO hard feelings whatsoever. If the ADMIN here feels this thread is in any way inappropriate, then please remove it.

I just thought this might answer some of the questions as to why my YouTube and lots of other YouTubers accounts are being closed.

[smile] Have a Blessed Day.
~ TBKU ~

Posts: 818 | Registered: Dec 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
TNgrl4KU
Urban Crazy
Member # 10489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNgrl4KU     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you mind me posting this on the M'ville board? Many members are upset about them removing your clips. BTW, I will ONLY post their so-called reasons as to why they yanked ALL your vids.

--------------------
 -

------------------
CMT Awards 2005
Knoxville, TN 2-06
Atlanta, GA 9-30-06
City Hall 3-07
Atlanta, GA 6-30-07
Philly - 07
N'ville - 07
LP Field - 08
Opry - 08

Posts: 207 | From: Columbia, TN | Registered: Mar 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
tbku
Urban Fanatic
Member # 3840

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tbku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks TNgrl14KU, the BOLD part will do just fine.

[highfive] I appreciate it since I'm not a member.

TNgrl4KU
Urban Crazy
Member # 10489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNgrl4KU     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Done, This is all I posted:

In regard to my YouTube being closed - it looks like my account was closed and all my videos removed because of having the Crossroads clips posted. YouTube sent me 1 email saying that the "Centerfield" clip had been reported to them for copyright violation. They have a "3 strikes and you're closed" policy, so since I had more than one clip, I am only guessing (since they didn't tell me) that it was my 3 strikes and they closed my account and removed ALL of my video clips.

It still seems somewhat odd since you can right now search and find several of the Crossroads clips still on YouTube.

I wish that they had just removed the clips they deemed in violation and kept the others, but that's not the case. I'm totally confused as to why some people can have concert clips they took up and some others not.

I am so sorry this happened to you because you had some, if not the best vids I've seen.

--------------------
 -

------------------
CMT Awards 2005
Knoxville, TN 2-06
Atlanta, GA 9-30-06
City Hall 3-07
Atlanta, GA 6-30-07
Philly - 07
N'ville - 07
LP Field - 08
Opry - 08

Posts: 207 | From: Columbia, TN | Registered: Mar 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
granny
Guitar Monkey
Member # 23

Icon 1 posted      Profile for granny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the other ones haven't been reported.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 4509 | From: Sebring, Florida | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
suburbanite
Urban Fanatic
Member # 3775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suburbanite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TBKU...I've long been a fan of your pics and vids. I am sorry this happened, too, because you had a great collection! It occurred to me that maybe the "Centerfield" complaint was from Fogerty's camp since that was the actual one complained about? Could that be the case? It sure doesn't seem fair that they pulled the others as well. Thanks for all the vids that you have shared with us. [biggrinlove]
Posts: 934 | From: Northern California | Registered: Nov 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
crazy canuck
Urban Fan
Member # 10500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazy canuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry they deleted your videos. I enjoyed some that I got to see immensely. You have some great history of Keith's and it was kind of you to share it with all his fans. I can only hope that after the live DVD is released that they ease up on the youtube deletions and we can see the videos again. I know John Mellancamp sees it as an aid to his career and I wish Keith's management could see their way to following John M's path. [grouphug] [biggrinlove]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 49 | Registered: Mar 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
tbku
Urban Fanatic
Member # 3840

Thanks y'all. For me, it was simply a way to archive the old stuff I had when cleaning off my computer. I thought it would be a good place to put it all and the newer fans would be able to see some of the older stuff they likely had not seen and the older fans could reminisce if they wanted. Live and learn as they say.

It seems I'm not the only one with my account being closed and all videos removed. Others are experiencing the same thing.

I've found out that if you're reported and have more than 3 incidents, then ALL your stuff goes whether it violates or not. I think since I had 4 or 5 Crossroads clips, they didn't look at it as 1 report, but each video as it's own, and thus my 3 strikes.

There doesn't seem to be any logic however of who's being closed and who's not, for accounts with the same content as those being closed are being left open.

If CMT decided to report all the youtubers that had their content (like in my case, the Crossroads clip) if you do a search of Keith Urban, Fogerty or Crossroads right now, there are several posters with those still on YT.

If it's because of concert footage, and it's Keith's mgmt or Capitol, they've not reported dozens of others with them.

I understand copyright issues and the importance of the rights of the artist. That's why I didn't post anything that could be purchased (ie: the DVD clips, videos of the songs, etc.) It just seems a bit of overreaction because the grainy, poor quality final product YT converts the clips to are not fit for any other application.

In my silly logic, you'd think any artist would want their history out there - interviews, old footage, concert clips from years ago etc. so any new fan could learn more about the artist and their path to where they are now.

IMO (that and $4.50 will get you a Starbucks coffee) it's the fan's loss and ultimately the artist's as well.

(stepping down from the soapbox now)

kathyc
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kathyc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is indeed a shame and I have no doubt that Capitol or Keith's management is behind it. Many artists embrace youtube as a great tool of free promotion. In fact there are record companies out there who post their artist's official videos on there themselves. Keith's management has shut down fan sites in the past that were posting interviews and television clips so I dare say that is who is responsible for this. It's too bad that they just can't see that in the end they are hurting him by limiting his exposure.

--------------------
"You know, the guitar is like a blank canvas every night and you get up and you just play and you don't know what's going to come out. If you're angry or if you're upset or you're really excited or you're confused; all that stuff comes out. I love guitar so much because it does everything you tell it to do and it can paint colours that you've never seen before." Keith Urban 2003

Posts: 3835 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
flower
Urban Fan
Member # 663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI, tbku I so loved your videos they were some of the best I have seen!!!!!!Thank You so much for sharing! Is there any where I can see them agin maybe download them?Thank You so much

--------------------
I feel so grateful to still be on my journey,I haven,t found what Iam looking for,but I feel really blessed to continue down the path to discovery." Keith Urban wow!

Posts: 15 | From: florida | Registered: Oct 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
country422
Urban Crazy
Member # 14805

Icon 1 posted      Profile for country422     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont't lnow, but they still have the crossroads clip for rambyncious boy up... thats' rediculous, i loved to rewatch those clips over and over after a long hard day at school, work, or after practace

--------------------
 -
thanks to Favre. it's awsome

8/15- first keith urban show... it's changed my life

8/15/07- East rutherford, NJ
2/15/08 - floor 8 baby
(12/8/07. RIP NALA)

Posts: 327 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2007  | Report this post to a Moderator
urbanfan81805
Guitar Monkey
Member # 11225

Icon 1 posted      Profile for urbanfan81805     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TBKU I miss your video clips because you had videos on there I have never seen before. Is there a way you could possibly post them again but on a different website?? Thanks for letting us know what happened.

--------------------
~Stephanie~
 -
Thanks Emma!
8/18/05- Sedalia, MO
2/2/06- Tulsa, OK
6/28/07- St Louis, MO (CA)
3/5/08- Kansas City, MO (BSE)
8/8/09- Kansas City, MO

Posts: 1748 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
kathy2287
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kathy2287     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi TB (and Kathy C!!)

I know how disappointed you are about the Youtube stuff. You did have a great collection. Should you want to, I have most of that stuff on cd/dvd and would be happy to share.
You are absolutely right about exposure. Here Keith is doing a free concert for the NFL kickoff show and I guarantee that is ALL ABOUT EXPOSURE (particularly to the male audience in this case.) Youtube is free and is unlimited. Meaning you don't have to happen to catch a one-time show on TV, you can search the artists and watch to your hearts content.
Hi to everybody I haven't talked to in a while!!!

Edited to add...if the management was worried about stuff, this is more likely what they should be concerned about (borrowed from another thread here...)
unreleased songs:
yeah theres a slew of 'em.like.. well go here>>....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlyGTQWt8Uc&feature=related

--------------------
 -

~Remember no man is a failure as long as he has friends~
~Sometimes one must take a wrong road to find the right one~
~Never underestimate how deeply you touch someone with an act of kindness~

Posts: 4966 | Registered: Jul 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Raindancegal
Urban Fan
Member # 8717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raindancegal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by crazy canuck:
I am sorry they deleted your videos. I enjoyed some that I got to see immensely. You have some great history of Keith's and it was kind of you to share it with all his fans. I can only hope that after the live DVD is released that they ease up on the youtube deletions and we can see the videos again. I know John Mellancamp sees it as an aid to his career and I wish Keith's management could see their way to following John M's path. [grouphug] [biggrinlove]

John Mayer encourages videoing his concerts. He feels it aids his career too.
I'm so sorry!
You're videos were excellent!
Judy

Posts: 49 | From: Memphis, Tennessee | Registered: Oct 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
MONKEYTAMER
Just Registered
Member # 5859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MONKEYTAMER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kathyc:
It is indeed a shame and I have no doubt that Capitol or Keith's management is behind it. Many artists embrace youtube as a great tool of free promotion. In fact there are record companies out there who post their artist's official videos on there themselves. Keith's management has shut down fan sites in the past that were posting interviews and television clips so I dare say that is who is responsible for this. It's too bad that they just can't see that in the end they are hurting him by limiting his exposure.

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-Friendly View of this Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KeithUrbanFans.com