KEITHURBANFANS.COM

Return To KeithUrbanFans.com Home Page

KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board » KEITH URBAN DISCUSSIONS » ALL THINGS KEITH URBAN » Ooops He Did It Again

- Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ooops He Did It Again
*LORI*
Guitar Monkey
Member # 957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *LORI*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After seeing Keith in Roanoke this past Saturday and having a couple of days to reflect on it--he has done it again. He has pulled me in with the music and made me fall in love with him and the music all over again. I feel JUST like I did the first time I saw him almost 7 years ago. How does he do it? I have seen him enough times now that that there is no use in counting the times...all I know is that I will continue to go see his shows as long as there is a breath left in me and as long as I can make it happen. Through the years my passion for him and his music just grows and intensifies. I can't even think of a word that adequately describes it.

I agree with a fan that wrote a review recently...the guitar truly becomes an extension of his body and soul. The precision, talent and passion that he puts into his performance reaches down into my soul and just about brings me to tears each time I see him live. The ability he has, whether its through years of experience or just as an extension of his personality to be able to hold the crowd in the palm of his hand and work us just as he does his guitar is a thing of beauty. Whether through a facial expression, his words, or just his presence on stage, the crowd eats up every bit of it and for those 2 hours we belong to him...and he makes us feel like he belongs to us. I have seen him more times than all the other concerts of artists I have gone to in my life put together...and NO ONE makes me feel the music like he does.

Seeing him smile on stage as he looks out over the venue is beautiful. I hope he feels the love and the passion that he makes us feel for those 2 hours.

I don't know how I will be able to stand it not having another show until August...I immediately wanted to buy tickets for the next show and throw caution to the wind and worry about paying the mortgage later with the money I'd spend on the tickets! Thank goodness I have friends that understand....but quickly bring me back to reality!

I'm thankful for the friends I get to share the 'afterglow of the concert feelings' with, this on-line community where I KNOW the others feel the same things I do...but most of all, for Keith Urban, for reaching down into my soul and making me feel the joy and the passion of the music he shares with us.

--------------------
 -

"Be Good To Each Other" ~ Keith Urban

Posts: 5178 | From: Smithfield, VA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Krz4ku1967
Urban Fan
Member # 18503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krz4ku1967     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Lori - what a lovely review of Keith's Roanoke concert and description of your re-ignited (and continuing) devotion to him. He's so utterly amazing - I can hardly wait for his concert in Portland in Sept. Your description of Keith's passion and experience (and everything else you discussed), to me, summarizes all the reasons he SO DESERVES any and all "Entertainer of the Year" awards for which he is nominated. I just have to scratch my head when someone else wins that accolade. It isn't just about a beautiful voice and selling millions of records -it's stage presence and raw passion in what he does, and the ability to pull in the audience to keep them enthralled with beautiful songs, masterful musicianship, and the ability to do it over and over, and over again year after year! And Keith only gets better with time!!!

After reading your post, Lori, I just want time to fly, fly to September! Shoot - I lost my job six months ago, but skipping a KU concert was NOT AN OPTION! I'm so excited now, the wait is going to be excruciating!!!!!

Thanks again for the terrific post!

--------------------
KeithsKris

Posts: 76 | From: Bend, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadakaren
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canadakaren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Lori for writing such a wonderful review and comments; just reminds me why I thought you were so cool on this board all those years ago! Well you AND Keith [razz]

PS. see you in Portland Krz4ku1967. I keep wanting the shows to get here sooner but realize that will wish summer away and I am not prepared to do that ...lol ... even for Keith!

--------------------
 -
“To be nobody but yourself in a world that is doing its best to make you just like everybody else means to fight the greatest battle there is to fight and to never stop fighting.” — E. E. Cummings

Posts: 6755 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kerwoman
Urban Fanatic
Member # 4562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kerwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing him smile on stage as he looks out over the venue is beautiful

I couldn't of said it better♥

Posts: 939 | From: maine | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
urbangirl20030
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for urbangirl20030     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to ask that same question Lori.....How DOES he do it after so many times??? I have lost count too on how many times I've seen Keith but it doesn't matter, I will keep going until I drop because nobody else makes me feel that way!!
I waited in line for 6 hours to see him at the Fillmore, without a ticket, and this was 2 months after having 2 total hip replacements! There is no one else I would even consider doing that for. [love1] [guitarist] [faint]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 3608 | From: Petaluma, Ca | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monkeyhugsdeb
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkeyhugsdeb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I WAS THERE EXPERIENCING THAT AMAZING CONCERT ON FRIDAY NIGHT IN ROANOKE AND I LIKE YOU LORI....DON'T KNOW HOW IT HAPPENS BUT I FEEL LIKE IT IS THE FIRST TIME SEEING HIM, THE EXCITEMENT, THE ANTICIPATION, THE ENERGY, THE AMAZEMENT OF WATCHING THE MAN PERFORM...OMG...I WAS JUST BLOWN AWAY....AGAIN!!!!

I KNOW KEITH COULD FEEL THE LOVE IT WAS PRETTY OBVIOUS AND YOU KNOW I TOLD SUSAN "DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN WE FIRST STARTED GOING TO HIS CONCERTS WAY BACK IN 2003 AND THERE WERE A HANDFUL OF MEN IN THE AUDIENCE?" AND NOW...OMG...IT IS LIKE 65% WOMEN AND 35% MEN AND THE MEN ARE SINGING RIGHT ALONG TO THE SONGS...THE GUYS IN FRONT OF US WHO WERE PROBALY IN THEIR MID 20'S WERE SINGING ALONG AND WHEN KEITH WAS JAMMIN ON THE GUITAR THEY WOULD SHRUG THEIR SHOULDERS AND LOOK AT EACH OTHER AS TO SAY "WHO KNEW HE COULD PLAY LIKE THAT"...I LOVED WATCHING THAT EXCHANGE BETWEEN THEM DISCOVERING THE AMAZING TALENT KEITH HAS.

I COULD GO ON AND ON AT HOW AMAZED I WAS SEEING HIM THURSDAY AND FRIDAY BUT YOU ALL KNOW EXACTLY HOW I FEEL.

I JUST LOVE KEITH URBANS MUSIC AND LOVE KEITH URBANS AMAZING GIFT THAT HE SHARES WITH US. I'M FOREVER A TRUE FAN OF HIS MUSIC AND HIS TALENT.

IT WAS MAGICAL AND I CAN'T WAIT TILL THE NASHVILLE SHOW FOR ANOTHER MAGICAL NIGHT FROM THE GREATEST ENTERTAINER I'VE WITNESSED!!!!

MONKEYHUGS AND LUV,
DEB

--------------------
 -
Backstage at Opry 9/27/08.

I am not what I ought to be.
I am not what I hope to be.
But still, I am not what I used to be.
And, by the grace of God, I am what I am.

Posts: 5840 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aussie-Nel
Urban Fanatic
Member # 11454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aussie-Nel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whilst I havent seen a concert this year I believe that keith is coming home later on sometime so will be there with bells on - but seeing the clips on you tube etc I cant help but truely echo all the above posts - for me Keiths music keeps me sane and i am forever in his debt to that - and I just love the new album it is different to the other ones and makes you want to listen to it over and over and over

--------------------
Cheers
Nel

'Everybody needs somebody sometime'

'I'd be lost but for the Grace Of God'

'Think I got it right this time'

Posts: 577 | From: Sydney Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abbie
Urban Crazy
Member # 2001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've enjoyed reading all of your posts on this subject. I am sooo loving this new album. I can be stressed to the max, pop in this cd (or any of the others for that matter) and my tension melts away. It is a blissful feeling! Nothing moves me quite like seeing Keith Urban perform live. I have rearranged everything from family functions to surgery so I wouldn't miss a live performance. If he performs within a days drive from me, I'm there! I've lost count of how many concerts I've been to all over the country.

--------------------
abbie

Posts: 206 | From: Iowa | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
urbancountryluv
Urban Fan
Member # 20784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for urbancountryluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I completly agree LORI.
The first Keith concert I went to was the best night of my life. (so far)
I enjoyed every minute of it. He is such an amazing performer, and a humble guy.
If only I was a millionaire! I'd book book him to perform at my birthday party!
My dream is to have front row tickets to his concert. I'm going to another concert in July, and I'm SOOOOOOO excited.
I hope someday I will find a husband as amazing and HOTT [biggrinlove] as Keith Urban!

Posts: 19 | From: the USAAA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
granny
Guitar Monkey
Member # 23

Icon 1 posted      Profile for granny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember back in the day when he used to go out into the crowd during a show. One time at an outdoor show we were standing in the front row beside the fence and he walked right up to us, didn't say a word, just kept singing and playing, but we knew what he wanted so we just stepped aside and over the fence he came followed by security. It was awesome.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 4509 | From: Sebring, Florida | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rlmisty
Urban Fan
Member # 11399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rlmisty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that was a great review Lori. So true.

--------------------
~Lisa~

Thank you Keith!

Posts: 71 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-Friendly View of this Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KeithUrbanFans.com