KEITHURBANFANS.COM

Return To KeithUrbanFans.com Home Page

KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board » KEITH URBAN DISCUSSIONS » ALL THINGS KEITH URBAN » Fan Information for a research paper

- Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fan Information for a research paper
keithluv1
Urban Fanatic
Member # 11137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keithluv1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey fellow Keith Fans,

Man has it been a long time since i've been on here! I'm doing a research paper for a college class and my topic, of course, is KEITH [smile] . The main idea of the paper is to discuss Keith's community life- which includes his official website, his fan club, street team and anything else that promotes the community and interaction of Keith Urban fans. For the paper i would like to get some opinions (likes/dislikes) from my fellow keith fans [smile]

Any information you would like to provide would be greatly helpful. Things like, how do you feel about this message board? how do you feel about the fan club? do you think the benefits are worth the price? what things would you change or add to any of these community sites (the official website, this message board, the street time and fan club, anything that you would like to say about the community of fans that love KEITH! and possibly how are the fans on this message board (you guys) different from the fans that you see at concerts or as members of the fan club? what keith related activities do you guys participate in?

thanks for the help! i'll be checking in a few times over the weekend to see what you guys say

--------------------
 -
made by:Favre

♥♥ 7/23/06 ♥♥ 7/28/07 ♥♥ 7/29/07 ♥♥ 3/08/08♥♥ 4/14/08 ♥♥ 5/31/08 ♥♥10/13/2009

Posts: 704 | From: NE | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dreamer1
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1857

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Dreamer1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,
I can't believe that no one has posted anything yet.. I enjoy this message board more than the fan club one anymore...As far as the benefits being worth the price..Without that membership, I would have not meet all of my Monkey friends, so it is always worth the price to me. Supporting your favorite artist is always worth the price.If the benefits that you are looking for are interaction with other monkey's, special messages from Keith himself and pre-sales...than I'm in! Keith goes way out of his way to address his fan club membership. Much more than other artists. He always gives 110% to us! It amazes me sometimes...What makes people on this board different than just your average concert attendee's? I would say is that we talk about it for month's as the concert circut start's and we get all hyped up for the show that each of us is going to attend. Some of us plan to get together and even other's of us travel together and are "roomies" for our Keith adventures. It's always fun to listen to the concert reviews and each special experience by members who are always willing to share. It's sort of a crazy family here at this board...I don't get that feeling on the fan club site. Some of the members her have been on for YEARS!!! We have lost some very special to our "family" here as well and it is always nice when someone remembers them here.

I think that one of the things that Monkeyville and the residents of this board do that really just makes me proud is that we support St. Jude's childrens hospitial. We donate in honor of Keith's birthday each year and many Monkey's do special event's to benefit the Hospitial as well. We always beat everyone's fan club in the challenge. There is just a ton of participation.

I'm always a Proud member of the Monkeyville Community and a long time Keith Urban fan.Keith Fan since 2003! (some here have been fan's WAY longer than me!) Keith is such a class act..that I'm always a proud raving fan! We are in a class of our own and only understood by those "who get it"! Keith's music has some kind of "healing powers" that so many relate to. We APPRECIATE his talent and his love for the fans. I loved his message after his recent loss...saying the HE KNEW that we had been texting insanely! He WAS right. He does know his fans.

I hope that this helps you with your project..and I hope more that have been here for a while post their thoughts! Have fun with your project. JoAnne!

--------------------
...and the best is yet to come

Wild Bills,Ryman,Daytona,Chattanooga X2 ,M & G Columbia,
Maconx2,Greenville,Fan Club Party'04!Valdosta,Indio, Las Vegas x4,Birmingham,Savannah, Atlanta,Macon,Clemson,Max it out'05,Mercy Lounge,Rockford!

Posts: 2271 | From: Buford, GA. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terrilynn
Guitar Monkey
Member # 6687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terrilynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said Dreamer1.

keithluv1 did you finish your paper?

--------------------
06/04/05*8/17/07*04/09/08
 -

Posts: 5422 | From: maryland | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausie
Urban Crazy
Member # 3285

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree I love Keith, his music is hte best and that is why I oined Monkeyville and the boards, it has been awhile since I have been able to see Keith live.

But I have been privilaiged to go to some fantastic shows, let me tell you a little story I was working at my old job we had new owners and my hours were cut beyond belief so I got the courage up to look for another job and when I applied I got it I moved from hte samll town I grew up in to a small town not too far from there about 15 miles it flet like a thousand.
I lived with my neice and her family a trailor very small no place to have me time. I applied to get a loan for a house, Keith's song Better Life was playing on the radio when I got it, it played the day I found my dream house.
Against all odds I put a bid in much less than what they wanted and when I got the call that they accepted my offer once again Keith and his music eas there Better Life was playing on CMT when I got the news so by far it is one of my many many favorites and let me tell ya it was nice to have that beautiful voice to listen to when I htought there was no hope of getting that house and like many I have made some really cool friends on here so I hope things pick up Keith wouldn't give up so we shouldn't either. [cheering]

--------------------
 -
Jamie

Posts: 253 | From: Iowa | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-Friendly View of this Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KeithUrbanFans.com