KEITHURBANFANS.COM

Return To KeithUrbanFans.com Home Page

KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board » KEITH URBAN DISCUSSIONS » KEITH URBAN PRESS ROOM » Brad Paisley Insrumental Album featuring Keith and others

- Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brad Paisley Insrumental Album featuring Keith and others
MtlUrbanFan
Guitar Monkey
Member # 734

Icon 3 posted      Profile for MtlUrbanFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brad Paisley's "Play" In Stores This September
Brad Paisley's new instrumental abum, Play hits stores September 2, 2008. Here's the track listing:

1. Huckleberry Jam
2. Turf's Up
3. Start A Band (Featuring Keith Urban)
4. Kim
5. Departure
6. Come On In (Featuring Buck Owens)
7. Playing With Fire
8. Kentucky Jelly
9. More Than Just This Song (Featuring Steve Wariner)
10. Les Is More
11. Pre-Cluster Cluster Pluck Prequel
12. Cluster Pluck
13. Cliffs Of Rock City
14. Let The Good Times Roll (Featuring B.B. King)
15. What A Friend We Have In Jesus

--------------------
Gaétane

-
London, Ontario 09/18/03

"What matters most is never ever losing faith" "Keep your faith alive"

Posts: 7205 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Nov 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
terrilynn
Guitar Monkey
Member # 6687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terrilynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! [guitarist]

--------------------
06/04/05*8/17/07*04/09/08
 -

Posts: 5422 | From: maryland | Registered: Jun 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
TNgrl4KU
Urban Crazy
Member # 10489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNgrl4KU     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for heads up! [thankyou] [wave2]

--------------------
 -

------------------
CMT Awards 2005
Knoxville, TN 2-06
Atlanta, GA 9-30-06
City Hall 3-07
Atlanta, GA 6-30-07
Philly - 07
N'ville - 07
LP Field - 08
Opry - 08

Posts: 207 | From: Columbia, TN | Registered: Mar 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
AmyKay
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AmyKay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh golly...the whole albums is instrumental? Interesting. It's cool that Keith is going to be on it!

--------------------
~AmyKay~ but Keith likes to refer to me as Anna LOL

-
Keith Concerts: 16 and counting!

Posts: 1346 | From: Fredericksburg, VA | Registered: Jun 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
terrilynn
Guitar Monkey
Member # 6687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terrilynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brad Paisley & Keith Urban: Dueling Guitars
Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney & Keith Urban hanging out backstage at the 43rd Annual ACM Awards Sunday, May 18, 2008 in Las Vegas, NV. Photo courtesy of Getty Images and the Academy of Country Music.

Aug. 28, 2008 — Brad Paisley and Keith Urban have a lot in common: They’re both singer-songwriter-guitarists, they’re married to actresses, and they’ve each had their first child in the last 18 months. Adding to the similarities, they’re duet partners now, since Keith joined Brad in recording a song called "Start A Band" for Brad’s next album, Play.

Given that both of them have lightning-quick facility on the guitar, it’d be easy to expect the track to end up a speed race.

"It's probably not what you think, in the sense that it's not a blazing-fast thing," Brad told The Cleveland Plain Dealer. "It's more of a rockin' Eagles-style tune, like back when Joe Walsh and Don Felder would play those harmony parts."

"Start A Band" is one of four songs on Play that feature some vocals. The other 10 songs on the album, due Nov. 4, are all instrumentals.

"This album is a side project, and as artistic [as] I can possibly be in some ways," Brad said.

Both artists have had new developments in recent days. Keith has a slipped disc, People magazine reported, though it’s not expected to put a dent in his touring schedule. Brad’s current single, "Waitin’ On A Woman," got a bit of a makeover on Tuesday when his label released a remixed version of the song — featuring Andy Griffith’s recitations from the video — to radio stations.

"He was my first and only choice for that," Brad said. Had Andy not consented to do the part, "I would've skipped doing a video. The first time I heard the song, I felt like he was the perfect guy to be the wise sage who sits down on the bench."

from gac

--------------------
06/04/05*8/17/07*04/09/08
 -

Posts: 5422 | From: maryland | Registered: Jun 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
MtlUrbanFan
Guitar Monkey
Member # 734

Icon 3 posted      Profile for MtlUrbanFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Start A Band is the latest single.

You can hear the full song here:

http://www.b93.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=108097&article=4208406

[guitarist]

--------------------
Gaétane

-
London, Ontario 09/18/03

"What matters most is never ever losing faith" "Keep your faith alive"

Posts: 7205 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Nov 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
kuAngelB
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kuAngelB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gaetane [thankyou]
Love the song, can't wait to see a video [wink]

--------------------
 -
*Bonnie*Customs Agent~12/17/05 San Jose~Thanks Monkeyville:)

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Posts: 1718 | From: Sunnyvale, California | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
pat10
Urban Crazy
Member # 13526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pat10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeh great song another one for our keith collection.
Posts: 209 | From: scotland | Registered: May 2007  | Report this post to a Moderator
twiggy
Guitar Monkey
Member # 9373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twiggy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmmmmmm...let's make a suggestion that the two of them do this live at the CMA's! [wink]

--------------------
 -
"I wrote it and God said 'Well, I'm gonna' hang on to them and when you're going through this I'll give it back to you.' And that's exactly what happened."-KU about "But for The Grace of God"
God's Grace is sufficient!
http://faithriders.com/about.html

Posts: 1566 | From: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
NancyAnn
Urban Fanatic
Member # 471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NancyAnn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting this link Gaetane

--------------------
07/2002 Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA
08/15/2002 Mohegan Sun, CT
07/20/2003 Tweeter Center, MA
03/17/2004 Worcester Centrum, MA
07/12/2004 Mohegan Sun, CT
10/25/2004 Tsongas Arena, MA
08/04/2005 Chevrolet Theatre, CT
08/13/2005 Chevrolet Theatre, CT
11/11/2005 Mullins Center, MA
08/11/2007 DCU Center, MA
08/12/2007 Mohegan Sun, CT
02/01/2008 Mohegan Sun, CT

Posts: 704 | From: New England | Registered: Aug 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
lakemom
Urban Fanatic
Member # 3092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lakemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by twiggy:
Hmmmmmmmm...let's make a suggestion that the two of them do this live at the CMA's! [wink]

I'd go for that!!

--------------------
Sherri

Posts: 1111 | From: Virginia | Registered: Sep 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
kukrazykajun
Urban Crazy
Member # 7

Icon 4 posted      Profile for kukrazykajun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gaetane - I've been requesting it at local radio left and right and haven't been able to hear it yet. Thanks for posting this! It's a great song and I love the guitar playing at the end. Would love to see Keith and Brad performing this live! Keith ROCKS and RULES!! Debbie W. [guitarist] [bow]

--------------------
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." Berthold Auerbach

Posts: 287 | From: Greenwell Springs, Louisiana | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kylene
Urban Fanatic
Member # 4760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kylene     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahaha...loved the song! Did everyone catch the begining? Brad trying to play something for Keith and then Keith trying too but he jokes that it hurts..lol then you here a pick drop into the center of the guitar and Keith saying that he hates when that happens! Too funny!!!

Thanks for the link Gaetane!!! [guitarist]

--------------------
 -

You can never have too much of a good thing!

...You gotta live while you can

Posts: 973 | From: Nashville | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
idesign
Urban Crazy
Member # 2073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for idesign     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't wait for the live performance!
Posts: 289 | From: Rochester NY | Registered: Jan 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
CajunPilot
Urban Fan
Member # 6114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CajunPilot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a YouTube I found with a slideshow to SAB:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvp1A77to6Q

Susan ~

--------------------
But for the grace of God go I...

Posts: 92 | From: Cajun Country | Registered: May 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-Friendly View of this Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KeithUrbanFans.com