KEITHURBANFANS.COM

Return To KeithUrbanFans.com Home Page

KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» KeithUrbanFans.com Message Board » OTHER DISCUSSIONS » OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSION » A baby needs special prayer (Page 1)

- Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: A baby needs special prayer
Caroline Davis
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caroline Davis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My nephew,Caleb was taken to Dothan hospital Sunday,with some illness he was having from the week.Last Tuesday,when his mom dropped him off at my house,in which he has been staying with me everyday,since birth,I noticed that his abdomen was really swollen when he asked me to hold him.....he was crying,and I knew something was wrong....he kept wringing his hands and just seemed miserable.The little boy is only 2 years old.Just turned 2 in January,and he can't say,"I'm hurting,or my stomach hurts or anything."....I was out of my mind with worry when I examined his stomach more,and found a lump in the left side of his abdomen.....and his whole abdomen was really hard....I immediately grabbed his belongings,and his 9 year old sister,and my daughter and we all went down the road to my mom's house.I wanted them to see what I was seeing in this baby.Clearly,they saw how upset I was.My sister,immediately called the baby's mother,and explained to her what we were seeing....and she came over within the hour.She was at work in another town,but she made arrangements for him to be examined by a doctor.
They sent him over to Marianna hospital for an ultrasound.The next day,she stayed home with him,and watched over him,while they waited on the results to come back from the ultrasound.The following morning,she brought him over to my house and told me that the ultrasound showed a dark mass on the left side,which the doctor said appeared to be the spleen,but he could not be for sure.That was Thursday morning and they said that he needed to be watched very carefully,and if he kept showing signs of crying and irritability,get him to the hospital right away....I practically sat and rocked with that baby in my arms all day that day.....I made sure he was comfortable and I sang to him and made sure he did not feel any distress.Well,Friday was 4th of July,his parents did not have to work,so they had him the whole week-end.Sunday,his distress level started raising abundantly.....his mother said that he would not stop crying.At Dothan Hospital,they had the baby drink this charcoal liquid stuff so they could do a cat scan of his little body,but they also had to put him to sleep to do it,cause he wouldn't stay still and he was so very scared.Well,they saw the mass....the baby had a baseball size tumor growing on his left kidney and so they transfered him over to Birmingham hospital.Yesterday morning,I recieved news that the tumor is malignant.The baby will be staying in Birmingham and they will do surgery first thing tomorrow morning....I cannot stop crying....that child is like "mine" too.I took care of him since birth.I love him like my own child.My children think of him as their little brother.Please everyone,come together in prayer for this baby!.....His doctors are saying,he will have to go through 6 months of chemo therapy afterwards,so this is going to be a long battle for all of us.Thanks so much for your time and patience and thank you friends,for pulling with me here,I need you!!

--------------------
The love we give away is truly the love we shall keep.

Posts: 3345 | From: florida | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
terrilynn
Guitar Monkey
Member # 6687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terrilynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry to read this. A prayer has been sent. [grouphug]

--------------------
06/04/05*8/17/07*04/09/08
 -

Posts: 5422 | From: maryland | Registered: Jun 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
gotitbad4urban
Urban Crazy
Member # 15321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gotitbad4urban     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prayer for you has been sent

Keran [grouphug]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 215 | From: west australia | Registered: Feb 2008  | Report this post to a Moderator
granny
Guitar Monkey
Member # 23

Icon 1 posted      Profile for granny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor little boy. I will keep him in my prayers. [grouphug]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 4509 | From: Sebring, Florida | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Caroline Davis
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caroline Davis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys,so very much!

--------------------

Posts: 3345 | From: florida | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Such a sad post to read [sad] I will keep little Caleb , you and all the family in my prayers [grouphug] Please keep us updated on his condition , take care.

--------------------
 -

*Keithless in Seattle*

To share with a friend is to see twice the beauty  -

Posts: 11013 | From: The Great Pacific Northwest ! | Registered: Oct 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
*GhostInThisGuitar*
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *GhostInThisGuitar*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caroline, I am so sorry that the little fellow is so sick. He will definitely be in my prayers. Makes my heart hurt reading what he's going through. God Bless.
Wanda [grouphug]

Posts: 3387 | From: Kansas | Registered: Jun 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Caroline Davis
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2854

Yes,my heart has hurt continuously since I have found out this news and havn't been able to hold him in my arms.They had to go back to the hospital yesterday so they could do an EKG on him.They found out he has a heart murmur too,so they're monitoring him real close.But the EKG showed that he's strong enough for surgery.The doctors weren't able to decide if he needed to be admitted sooner or what,at first,but decided to just let him stay with his parents until this morning,then they're admitting him prior to surgery.....I am awake too early,but I just can't get him off my mind.Everytime I think about what he has to go through and all,I start crying......so,all I can do right now is get me a good cup of strong coffee and I am praying every second.....I feel so connected to this child that every second I breathe and pray,I'm with him.....I'm gonna get together this morning with friends,to pray and talk and just pull together while we wait.I have to get my son to work first,so there's alot going on...but my mind is still more jumbled than ever.Continue to pray this morning!!

--------------------

Caroline Davis
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2854

Just wanted to let everyone know that Caleb pulled through the surgery last night around 8.Everyone was just crying tears of joy for him!!The kidney was sucessfully removed and the doctors say he's going to be fine.Prayer makes all the difference!Thank you!

--------------------

*GhostInThisGuitar*
Guitar Monkey
Member # 1265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *GhostInThisGuitar*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great to hear. I hope each day gets a little better for the little guy and for all of you....what a worry. Will keep those prayers coming for all of you. God Bless. [grouphug]
Wanda [wink]

Posts: 3387 | From: Kansas | Registered: Jun 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
terrilynn
Guitar Monkey
Member # 6687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terrilynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful news! [smile]

--------------------
06/04/05*8/17/07*04/09/08
 -

Posts: 5422 | From: maryland | Registered: Jun 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Caroline Davis
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2854

yesterday morning,Caleb woke up calling,"mommy,daddy" and they said,"we're here baby" and he fell back to sleep.He kept mumbling,"my tummy,"a few times but was just too sleepy to say much.Then one time,he woke up saying,"I want to see spongebob".....lol....so they turned the tv over to it and he watched 5 minutes of it and fell back out.The doctors are running more tests on that tumor they removed.They said there's a chance that it might not be malignant.If not,he may not have to have chemo.It all depends on the stage.There are 5 stages.....I believe in miracles and I want you guys to continue helping me pray.If the cancer has progressed into stage 5,then he may have to have radiation and chemo,so we are all praying for the best.Thank you guys for being there!

--------------------

Caroline Davis
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2854

We still don't know the results yet....they thought they would be in yesterday,but they're not.....but little Caleb is doing good.He ripped the tubes out of his nose and they had to put it back.That's his oxygen and they're trying to monitor his kidney output and all.....but the doctors say he's coming out of this a champ!! I got to talk with him on the phone and asked him what he was doing,he said,"playing".....lol...and I asked him was he feeling ok,he said,"um hum"....he was so cute! Then I told him that I loved him and he said,"I love you",right back!!That has made my whole week!!His mommy says he is really gaining his strength back and I am just so happy!!He's been such a joy to me....prayer makes all the difference!!

--------------------

Caroline Davis
Guitar Monkey
Member # 2854

Well,we got the results back and the kidney was definately malignant.The tumor itself weighed 3 pounds......but they are positive that there was no surrounding tissue or lymph nodes affected by the cancer and they labeled it as a stage one,so these are all good signs.He has to have chemo once a week,now for 4 and a half months,and his mom tells me that he was sick all day yesterday from it,but he does have medicine to help him battle the nausea and everything,it just makes him sleep alot.That is important for him right now,that he gets plenty of rest and he could not eat anything for the first 5 days after surgery,so he lost alot of weight.....poor baby...he will be able to return back to staying with me everyday again,while his parents go back to work,starting the 28th,and I will be spoiling him with love and hugs!! Keep praying!!

--------------------

Xtreme_MN_Cowgirl
Urban Fan
Member # 9609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xtreme_MN_Cowgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the update, please know that my thoughts and prayers are with Caleb and your family.

--------------------
"Tire tracks and broken hearts...that's all we're leaving behind. It doesn't matter what we lose...it only matters what we're going to find!"

Posts: 67 | From: Faribault, MN | Registered: Dec 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-Friendly View of this Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | KeithUrbanFans.com